**Support Group**ESA Decision**

Beddz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mine was two pages......the first was the advice to dwp, stating her reasons and what was used in that reasoning ie evidence etc and a note of regs that applied. The second page was the Decision Makers (with his name) which i have never seen a decision makers name ever before. He listed the regs etc that apply and put me in support group.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering as I've been given the award for 2 years, does the 2 years start from the day you claimed ESA or the day of the decision into which group you are placed?

Just wondering as I've been given the award for 2 years, does the 2 years start from the day you claimed ESA or the day of the decision into which group you are placed?

Usually it would be 2 years from the date of the assessment. Note, though, that this recommendation is advisory only, and so shouldn't be regarded as set in stone.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

:Beddz:

Yes it's usual for two pages of an ESA85A report to be produced (instead of the twenty pages plus ESA85) when Atos decide they can make a recommendation without completion of a full face to face assessment. Once the doctor ascertained that you met one of the descriptors for the support component, or could be treated as having limited capability for work related activity under reg 35, any points you may or may not have scored became irrelevant.

Is the assessor's justification for the support component relevant to any of your answers on the PIP2 questionnaire? If so, send a copy of the ESA85A to the same address your questionnaire went to. With a covering letter of explanation that it's supportive evidence of your claim for a personal independence payment. :-)

Best wishes, Margaret.

Usually it would be 2 years from the date of the assessment. Note, though, that this recommendation is advisory only, and so shouldn't be regarded as set in stone.

I have a current employer at the moment which I have not worked for since October 2013, with being placed into the Support Group is it worth me resigning to focus on my health? I have to keep providing them with sick notes and I'm not sure can you get a long term sick note for the period of the award?

I believe it's from the date of the decision, but it's only advisory anyway and DWP don't have to stick to it.

Yes, sorry, I said "assessment" when I should have said "decision".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I have a current employer at the moment which I have not worked for since October 2013, with being placed into the Support Group is it worth me resigning to focus on my health? I have to keep providing them with sick notes and I'm not sure can you get a long term sick note for the period of the award?

Resigning won't adversely affect your benefit. Since I'd guess you're not being paid, it likely won't make any difference at all.

I suppose you'd need to consider how likely it is you'll be able to return to work in the foreseeable future and whether remaining on the books with your employer is worth the hassle.

:Beddz:

During the first six months of sickness a Med 3 (unfit) note can only be issued for up to three months. After then, one can be issued for any period of time a doctor considers is appropriate and is prepared to write one for.

If your employer only paid statutory sick pay, or none at all, praps the only reason to remain on their radar is for contact if/when you're able to return to work. However, should your employer offer over and above statutory sick pay, or have income protection insurance for employees, medical certificates may still be needed. And as they won't be needed for a statutory purpose, the doctor may charge a fee for a private one.

Margaret.

Even though I have been awarded the Support Group and I know how much people have had trouble with ATOS and the DWP... I keep worrying so much still that I'll get a new ESA questionnaire to fill out for review in the next couple months I don't know why....

Even though I have been awarded the Support Group and I know how much people have had trouble with ATOS and the DWP... I keep worrying so much still that I'll get a new ESA questionnaire to fill out for review in the next couple months I don't know why....

At the moment that's not particularly likely - they're having trouble processing a backlog of assessments as it is, without unnecessarily referring even more people into the system.

Received another letter today about 2-3 pages stating how my new benefit is worked out and how much backpay I am entitled to. Even though I've been told by someone on the phone at the DWP I have not had a letter telling me how long my award is for? And when I would be reassessed it's only been said over the phone?

If someone could help me, I have not worked for my current employer since October 2013, I have been claiming ESA since then and as the thread states been placed into the Support Group from June for 18 months. The DWP have sent over a letter to my GP stating no more sick notes need to be given. So due to my health I was thinking about resigning from my job as I don't see myself returning to work in the near future unless my condition dramatically improves. If i resign from my job would any of it affect my ESA ???

If someone could help me, I have no worked for my currently employer since October 2013, I have been claiming ESA since then and as the thread states been placed into the Support Group for 18 months. The DWP have sent over a letter to my GP stating no more sick notes need to be given to the DWP as a decision has been made. So due to my health etc I was thinking about resigning from my job as I don't see myself returning to work in the near future unless my condition dramatically improves. If i resign from my job would any of it affect my ESA ???

Check the earlier posts that Margaret and I made about this. Resigning will not affect your ESA.

Her replies didn't really answer the question I made in the previous post, even my employer was asking why would I stay on the books if I have been deemed unfit for work for a long period of time

Her replies didn't really answer the question I made in the previous post, even my employer was asking why would I stay on the books if I have been deemed unfit for work for a long period of time

Well, I'm not sure what you were asking specifically. As I said, your benefit will not be affected, so if you can't think of any reason to remain on the books, you can resign if you wish. The only reasons to stay might be if you see a chance of returning to work or if you have some form of income protection insurance.

I'm sorry if my reply seemed rude before, I get so stressed at just the smallest things. But with your input I think I have made my decision thank-you so much for helping me and giving me advice throughout my ESA journey

I'm sorry if my reply seemed rude before, I get so stressed at just the smallest things. But with your input I think I have made my decision thank-you so much for helping me and giving me advice throughout my ESA journey

You're welcome, and don't worry about the odd stressed out post.

Ask your doctor to refer you for therapy. This should help you.

I am getting help at my local hospital every couple of months I have a session with the doctor and he makes a report.

Resign letter is all typed out and ready to be taken to my employer my parents have offered to take it :/. I've been informed by a previous employee that they require me to sign something and be present while resigning.... But with my condition means I do not leave the house and I am terrified of being in a social environment