**Support Group**ESA Decision**

Beddz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news I hope I've just rang the benefit office and they looked at some information that the doctor who did my assessment has left on the systemshe has recommended that I should be placed into the "Support Group" and that most decision are based off the ATOS report

Edited by Beddz

Everything goes to the decision maker, but they are unlikely to decide anything other than what the assessment report recommends.

Try to stop worrying as there's nothing you can do now until you get the decision.

I have contacted ATOS office and spoke to a lady that has looked at some information the assessor has left on my file, and that the HCP recommends that I should be placed in the Support Group. I'm hoping the decision maker doesn't overlook this? :/

Hi beddz glad everything seems to have gone your way. I know what its like to have severe depression too, I must admit my dealings with atos so far have been fine and am in the support group (also due to me having Arthritis) any how the HCP I saw at atos advised me to apply for PIP (whih I did and got awarded) so I am passing on the advice to you.

My your future be brighter and your condition get better Steve

Hi beddz glad everything seems to have gone your way. I know what its like to have severe depression too, I must admit my dealings with atos so far have been fine and am in the support group (also due to me having Arthritis) any how the HCP I saw at atos advised me to apply for PIP (whih I did and got awarded) so I am passing on the advice to you.

My your future be brighter and your condition get better Steve

Thank you for your reply, I have just applied for PIP recently was wondering which part of it was you accepted for? And how long did you have to wait for an ESA decision after your medical also if you don't mind how long was your award for :(

Hi there. I applied for PIP at the end of October last year and was awarded high rate care aspect but not mobility. This was for 3 years but I think they will contact me after 2 to see if anything has changed. It took until two weeks ago before I got a decision so be prepared to wait. It was atos who held things up they took ages to call me for an interview and ages again to send the result to DWP who then took 6 weeks to make a decision.

Hi there. I applied for PIP at the end of October last year and was awarded high rate care aspect but not mobility. This was for 3 years but I think they will contact me after 2 to see if anything has changed. It took until two weeks ago before I got a decision so be prepared to wait. It was atos who held things up they took ages to call me for an interview and ages again to send the result to DWP who then took 6 weeks to make a decision.

Wondering how long my ESA decision is going to take ugh sucks waiting just want the worry to end now

Anyone have any idea how long a decision usually takes after the DWP receive your file from ATOS?

It varies a lot from office to office, so we can't say for sure. Six weeks wouldn't be particularly unusual, I don't think.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I had a decision take almost 3 months in 2012 but then another took about a week in 2014. Both were qualify for ESA decisions, the latter was SG, first WRAG.

Its going to be 4 weeks next Friday... must have been horrible to wait 3 months for a decision, my current sick note runs out on Tuesday I'll be able to get a new one, but its just hassle to ask my doctor when a decision could have been made by now

Waiting is not too pleasant but I find the time between ESA50 and WCA far worse, after the WCA I was relieved and stopped caring as the WCA process was a massive farce that took about 4 months or so.

One thing ot watch out for, is if they award ESA after a long wait for decision, to see if they try to backdate the decision making the next WCA sooner than it should be. They did that after my 2012 decision. I did manage to get that early WCA cancelled without too much effort.

Waiting is not too pleasant but I find the time between ESA50 and WCA far worse, after the WCA I was relieved and stopped caring as the WCA process was a massive farce that took about 4 months or so.

One thing ot watch out for, is if they award ESA after a long wait for decision, to see if they try to backdate the decision making the next WCA sooner than it should be. They did that after my 2012 decision. I did manage to get that early WCA cancelled without too much effort.

According to ATOS the doctor has put on the report that I should be in the Support Group its just annoying that I somewhat believe this even though it could be a lie

Phoned DWP up this morning and was told the decision had been made... support group for 2 years to be reviewed in 18 months :) thank the lord, feel so much weight off my shoulders

Congrats!

Thinking forward to that review, it's probably worth getting a copy of the report from this assessment (I'm pretty sure it's form ESA85). You can phone and ask for a copy or write, and they will send it to you.

Then just keep it safe until the next trip on the merry go round.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Yes I've asked it for it to be posted which they say they are doing. Apparently also all backdated money I should of recieved is going to be in my bank by Monday which seems to quick tbh. Now just gotta focus on passing my PIP assessment when that comes round

Congrats beddz.

Thread title changed as requested. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yes I've asked it for it to be posted which they say they are doing. Apparently also all backdated money I should of recieved is going to be in my bank by Monday which seems to quick tbh. Now just gotta focus on passing my PIP assessment when that comes round

It doesn't take too long for the money to go through once the decision has been made. I got my backdated money the day I got my letter.

Congratulations!

It doesn't take too long for the money to go through once the decision has been made. I got my backdated money the day I got my letter.

Congratulations!

Received the money in my bank this morning was alot more than I was expecting but oh well. Um the medical report is it only suppose to be 2 pages? doesn't show what i scored or anything just the doctor saying she thinks I should be in the Support Group

Received the money in my bank this morning was alot more than I was expecting but oh well. Um the medical report is it only suppose to be 2 pages? doesn't show what i scored or anything just the doctor saying she thinks I should be in the Support Group

Does the report say which Support Group descriptor the Doctor thinks you meet, or otherwise offer a Reg 35 rationale for advising that you be placed in the SG?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Does the report say which Support Group descriptor the Doctor thinks you meet, or otherwise offer a Reg 35 rationale for advising that you be placed in the SG?

On the first page she ticks a box out of a couple stating I should be in the Support Group with the reason, then on the 2nd page saying that I should be reviewed in the medium term