JSA Sanctioned for failing to attend work program while on POST work program support

thelog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there, I found out today that I had been sanctioned for failing to attend a work program appointment on the 7th of march. I didn't attend this because on the 6th I was given a letter at the job centre telling me my time on the work program had finished. I also mentioned to the advisers on three separate occasions that the work program (pinnacle people) keep sending me letters asking me to attend. I was told to ignore them. So today I find out I have been sanctioned until the 16th. I thought I would just try and document this somewhere on the internet as I couldn't find anyone with a similar case to mine.

My adviser told me to fill out a DR7 form.

Also does anyone have any idea how long these things take to process.

Hi,

I am on post work porogramme support.

work programme lasts for two years [104 weeks] regardless the number of weeks you spent off benefits / working during the 104 weeks.

Your WP prowider has your starting and finishing day on your file on the computer. Go in to see it for yourself which day the 104 weeks is over. Ask them to print it out for you [screen shot, etc].

If you were working for 100 weeks out of the 104, WP still finishes when the 104 weeks is over.

I would hate to think that the Jobcentre was wrong about your finishing date.

Have you got the letter about your WP starting date / first appointment date at WP provider?

I was off benefits for 6 months during the 104 weeks yet WP finished when the 104 weeks from the WP starting date were up.

You can request a reconsideration of the sanction if it is indeed the case that your WP involvement finished the day before the appointment that you missed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Thank you VERY much for the replies,

Unfortunately I would have long ago destroyed any documents from my WP provider regarding the start date. I will drop by JCP tomorrow and ask to see the date I started/finished.

As I mentioned before when I was handed the letter in the JCP the day before the missed appointment, I intentionally asked if I should still attend, and was still told no. the exact wording on the letter says

Your time on the work program has now finished
So i'm guessing the time is up.

Also the WP provider are still to this date trying to book appointments with me.

TBH I am glad I am in a relatively secure situation for the time being (family/friends) So I am thankful for that. But I have been in situations where I have been utterly dependent on JSA. If this happened to me then I would be up the creak without a paddle.

Never fails to surprise me how the WP seem incapable of keeping even simple records correctly - they'd have known your finish date from the day you started there. My particular 'burden' with them was the fact they constantly lost their copy of my CV with every advisor I saw.

I'm sure they often know very well when clients have left the programme but they're still trying to keep in touch so that if the client was to get a job shortly afterwards they can try and claim the credit..and the payments.

You should still be able to get some evidence from the JC to prove that you had left the program before the appointment, they should have a record of all letters issued to you..hopefully!

Never fails to surprise me how the WP seem incapable of keeping even simple records correctly[...]. My particular 'burden' with them was the fact they constantly lost their copy of my CV with every advisor I saw.

You should still be able to get some evidence from the JC to prove that you had left the program before the appointment, they should have a record of all letters issued to you..hopefully!

If they had "lost" my CV and demanded another copy, I'd be refusing and kicking up a stink - Perhaps even logging a complaint with the ICO...

thelog: Now that you have served your sentence with Pinnacle People, it would be worth sending the DWP a SAR for all computer records and written notes held by the provider. There is scope for payback when you get incomplete or inaccurate files - I exchanged a few terse letters with the DWP data controller after getting a folder of crap back. Informed him that I was holding him personally responsible for the errors & omissions and use his name in any complaint addressed to the ICO :madgrin:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If they had "lost" my CV and demanded another copy, I'd be refusing and kicking up a stink - Perhaps even logging a complaint with the ICO...

thelog: Now that you have served your sentence with Pinnacle People, it would be worth sending the DWP a SAR for all computer records and written notes held by the provider. There is scope for payback when you get incomplete or inaccurate files - I exchanged a few terse letters with the DWP data controller after getting a folder of crap back. Informed him that I was holding him personally responsible for the errors & omissions and use his name in any complaint addressed to the ICO :madgrin:

I'm really not the sort of person to kick up a stink although sometimes I wish I was. I understand sometimes errors can be made but where I get left without money to catch the bus it makes me feel a little angry.

Anyway I'm hoping to land a new job on friday so I won't be needing to deal with JCP for the time being.

I'm really not the sort of person to kick up a stink although sometimes I wish I was. I understand sometimes errors can be made but where I get left without money to catch the bus it makes me feel a little angry.

Anyway I'm hoping to land a new job on friday so I won't be needing to deal with JCP for the time being.

The odd genuine mistake is acceptable - even from the WP - but they seem to make a hell of a lot of these mistakes and the vast majority are down to pure incompetence, not human error. I always bear in mind that any incompetence from the WP/JC can cost me my income so I come down very heavy on them when it happens - if nothing else it may make them take a little bit more care with my claim in the future..not that Ingeus ever learned from it! :)

My partner started on the WP over 3 years ago. She has since had a child, been on income support, off income support, and now on my JSA claim, and they STILL keep sending her appointment letters 3 years later! She even received an appointment letter saying 'IT'S IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES' on her delivery date.

Like you she was just told to ignore the letters by the Jobcentre.

My partner started on the WP over 3 years ago. [...] and they STILL keep sending her appointment letters 3 years later! She even received an appointment letter saying 'IT'S IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES'

Perhaps a short and terse response along the lines of: "We are fully aware of our legal obligations. However, it would appear that you are in ignorance of your basic responsibilities within the DWP guidelines and your contract."

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.