Hastings Direct Unauthorised transaction from my account

beeboy1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased Hastings direct cover a year ago and made it clear that they are not to auto-renew my policy because I always compare quotes. I had this confirmed by a telephone call so I was happy.

I have noticed that without any prior correspondance in any form whatsoever, Hastings direct withdrew a very substantial amount (way over the going rate) from my account and have sent a token email after the event to an old email address I no longer use regularly.

I have now sent them 5 emails asking for an explanation as to why they went against my specific instructions never to take money from my account automatically and then did so anyway without any prior warning whatsoever.

I have also called them 6 times and am waiting for an "available" manager to call me back. I don't even need insurance for that vehicle anymore! I am extremely perplexed by their actions as they have actually been very helpfull on previous years and matched or beat any other insurance quotes i received elsewhere.

I have a meeting with citizens advice on Monday who have said that from what i have said, the company has no excuse for this behaviour. I suspect thats why they refuse to respond to me in a timely fashion. Its been a week already...

Hi beeboy1979, Thank you for taking the time to post. I am very sorry to hear that there has been an issue and we have taken a payment from your account. Can you please send your details to help@hastingsdirect.com and we will help you get this matter resolved as quickly as possible. Many Thanks, Jamie

Hi and welcome to CAG

I had this confirmed by a telephone calllink3.gif so I was happy.

Unfortunately, unless confirmation is in writing, this can be denied unless a recording of the call is available.

Before any further monies were taken you should have been contacted before the end of your existing insurance telling you the new rate. It sounds like this was either not done or the letter got 'lost'

As this was an unauthorised charge, you could try and get your bank to claw it back

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks for your advice.

Yes, unfortunately it was a phone call I made to them, as I do all such transactions. I may have to get more than a date, time and a name in future to prove my case. Shame really...

I received no correspondance from them regarding my renewal. because it wasn't sent! Its obvious really... They wouldn't continue to avoid me as they still are, if they had a record of a sent letter, a phone call or even an email. Right now my paranoid side imagines they are consulting their legal team to fabricate a suitable tactic to avoid the consequences of admitting their abhorent behaviour. Otherwise perhaps they would have been available to me outside of this forum by now; wouldn't they!!!

I am in town on Monday to speak with the CAB and my bank is there too so I will take copies of the emails and phone calls and speak with an account manager there to see if they can help out as well..