PRA UK, need advice on how to handle these...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok here goes...

In 2011 i was using wonga pretty frequently, and paying back on time, i fell out of work at the end of the year and defaulted on a loan of £600. Eventually the debt was passed to mackenzie hall, and from august 2013 i started to recieve automated calls from PRA UK. Now im currently in work and want to start getting my credit rating sorted, whats the best way to deal with these lot? Note that they have my old address so i havent recieved any mail only automated calls and automated voicemails. Any help would be greatly appreciated its time i sort my financial issues out.

On a side note is it worth me doing a credit check just yet? I dont want to give up my new address until i arrange a payment plan or just settle the debt.

You need to get all the info you can first. So a credit check would be a good idea. This will give you an idea if the DCA's or wonga have added any charges on that you can challenge and possibly reclaim. You also need to ensure you only pay via standing order. Not debit card or direct debit.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

PRA UK! Pah! Just another name for Muck Hall. Same address and on the FCA search it shows the contact details of:

christine murray

cmurray@mackenziehall.co.uk

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I was going to use equifax for a statutory credit check at a cost of £2 is that safe to pay by debit card? And then if i arrange something with prauk i would pay them by standing order only? Thanks for the responses.

Yes to your first point and absolutely to your second. Never set up a DD or a CPA (direct debit -continuous payment authority)

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

If they really tried to get your current address, the CRAs are usually the last place they look. There are many other ways of obtaining your address. A tracing agent is one for starters.

Be aware that settling the debt will not remove the default from your credit file; that stays in place for six years.

You could negotiate it's removal with a F&F settlement. MH paid a few pence in the pound for the debt, so its likely they would be receptive to a decent F&F.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D