New Site - WIP

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone who want to have a look please go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index2.htm

Let me know what you think, and any improvements etc...

Should be going live before the end of the weekend hopefully.

PS. Links don't work.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree about the pics, bit strange and a bit fuzzy for some reason, I also think the text could be a little bit bigger. I know for a fact my mum wouldn't be able to read it! LOL! But overall it looks good, good layout and nice colours.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

As previous with 'fuzzy' pics but looks cool, straight to the point, not to fussy with colours, graphics etc. and main page fits pretty much within the screen size.

Looking forward to logging on next week.....but leave some time to enjoy weekend Dave :-)

Smile: £2,522 full payment received,

Citi Cards: £693.71 balance written off. Full value of Court claim,

West Brom Building Society: DPA request sent 15.05.06,

Capital 1: £220 claimed LBA sent 15.05.06.

Barclaycard: DPA request sent 16.05.06

Do you mean ALL the pics, or just the ones at the bottom?

The beach pic, I took about 100 yards from my house - I was quite pleased with it - took it on a tripod (about 4 pics) then "photoshopped" them together.

It's just a front page with info laid out for ease of use - rather than hunting through the forum. I also intend to get a RSS feed up for others too, and maybe a bank share price 'ticker', so we can see the effect various announcements (like the OFT one last week) have on their share price.

...but does it look 'serious' enough - or 'professional'? Don't want to give the impression that we're a bunch of amateurs, if we're taken seriously throughout the industry then we have more clout and more influence in ridding ourselves of unlawfully acting banks.

Anyone want to offer their 'story' as a case study for the 'front-page'?

Also, the gap (on the right) is possibly for ads - possibly Amazon (not google ads, as they will advertise bank products) - the site is starting to hurt pockets now.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Also, I'm not too sure on the Newsletter idea - I think this may take up too much of my (already in short supply) time.

Unless we have a volunteer ;-)

------------

------------

Just had another look - if you look closely enough - you can see my wife and 2 daughters in the maze picture.

...and the two pictures (consumer issues and case studies) are open to debate.

If anyone has any pics they think may fit the description better and would like to donate them - please, please do!!!

------------

------------

Sorry to keep posting about this, but, regarding the text size - if you hold the CTRL key down and scroll the mouse wheel, it should increase/decrease the text size to your likeing.

------------

------------

I like the newsletter idea. I know it's time consuming etc etc. I know some people who have logged on, thought it was a good idea, then got too busy with other things, lost the link, etc, and not returned. A newsletter would be a nice memory jog for those wanderers.

Alternatively, a reminder button, where first time visitors can set to have a reminder sent to their email address once a fortnight or so, as a "oh, yes, I must remember to do that", kinda thing. Does that make sense?

[

Thank you very much - good to hear.

I've just had a word with my misses and she thinks it looks *too* professional - she thinks it might scare people off.

Anyone else think this?

------------

------------

I was thinking they looked fine too and started worrying maybe there is something wrong with my eyes if they are fuzzy to everyone else .. PHEW sooooo relieved to know you think they are ok to you as well lol

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Bottom pics are fuzzy on my screen. I've a wide screen, no idea of dimensions. Maybe that's it. I'm using Firefox too.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm pulling it to shreads. I think it's a great idea to have a nice clean home page, and the layout is good because it is simple and understandable. Good work folks, and thanks again for the efforts.

[

Oooh, shiny!! I think it looks very professional. As has already been said the text could do with being a bit bigger, maybe size 11, 12 would probably be a bit too big. I like the colouring used and the black and white pictures are good. Colour might look a bit tacky and in your face.

One question though, what is the picture of below Case Studies? At first I thought it was smarties or something, but looking closer it looks more like some sort of weird sealife creature!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

Ha - the pic is actually a close up of a rare French flower.

I had just bought the camera (a while back) and was playing with the Macro mode!!

------------

------------

How about case studies having a photo of a serene looking person, happy with their conquest of the nasty evil banks? Hey, you could even have a baby in the photo, now that is cheese!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

Cheese indeed!! (but then I love 80's music, how's that for cheese!!?)

I'm open to suggestions (and even contributions to the photo!) - I've just used photo's that I've collected over the years.

Bookworm: I'm suprised it doesn't make you feel homesick - all but the big pic and the maze were taken in France - near La Rochelle to be exact. (or Chauvigny, if you know it)

God, I wish I was there now TBH, good food, warmth and cheaper beer (unless you go to the WRONG bars!).

------------

------------

Ok, I know I probably shouldn't do this, but as a bit of fun, can anyone guess from the sea-view photo where I live?

------------

------------

Not a clue, but all I have going round my head is Rolf Harris "you know what is is yet?"

Place of worship?

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6632 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks