style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had that pig too

I chose one of the live essentials 2012

progs that i'd not selected before

I used movie maker

I scanned the disc in an external PC and unbeknown to me it removed one of reg files that had gotten infected.

did you resolve things? how?

IMO

:-):rant:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go run glary utils

has a one hit button

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

anyone help with this please and is it anything to worry about, I do a defrag daily , I got this message when I did a health check on my comp.

The average disk length is 1. The disk may be at it's max transfer capacitiy due to through put and disk seeks.

Avg. Disk Queue Length _Total 1 Information

I have windows 8, fairly new desktop comp, TIA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The average disk queue length is 1. The disk may be at its maximum transfer capacity due to throughput and disk seeks

0 12

Avg. Disk Read Queue Length _Total 0.704 0 11

Avg. Disk Write Queue Length _Total 0.535 0 3

Current Disk Queue Length _Total 1 0 12

Disk Bytes/sec _Total 1,711,893 0 10,959,630

Disk Read Bytes/sec _Total 871,489 0 10,898,477

Disk Reads/sec _Total 33 0 321

Disk Transfers/sec _Total 88 0 347

Disk Write Bytes/sec _Total 840,404 0 9,582,057

Disk Writes/sec _Total 54 0 347

Split IO/Sec _Total 0.64 0 14

Memory shows as normal but has an amber blob at side of it instead of a green blob

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

When you say disk check, what program are you using?

Whenever i perform a check on a spinner, i simply perform a chkdsk /r so i know nothing else but that program is running, and i use a boot disk based defragment program, so i know nothing else is running in the background.

If you want a decent free set of tools, hiren boot cd is really good.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

cheers, have googled it, it seems ok. will try it.

tried glary; the reg repair, sfc again (clean), error check (no errors), uninstall (same message as before). still no joy!

thinking about doing a w7 sp1 repair install? do you think that will help?

and/or the MS Install Clean Up utility?

any thoughts? thanks.

IMO

If it were me, an d you have your docs backed, up, i'd just nuke it and start again, then before windows or your OS gets put on, run hirens to do a full PC healthcheck.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

If it were me, an d you have your docs backed, up, i'd just nuke it and start again, then before windows or your OS gets put on, run hirens to do a full PC healthcheck.

cheers.

thought about it. but, debating whether to do a new build (eg celeron/pentium dual 1155, msi board, ddr3?), or maybe get a new lappy instead. or just continue as is for now with the oldie. finances being the determining factor!

IMO

celeron/pentium 1155? You mean i3/i5 1155 right? Can get a half decent i3 for around 300-400 or a i5 2500k for 600 ish . But as you say, its all about the budget.

is re a 'budget' system. i don't think i wld do a 3/400 new build atm. wld rather get a new lappy for that.

the spec i mentioned, cld do for around 100 for a budget system re internet/office/basic games etc., but have seen i3's for around 80 so not that much more really, around 50 more!? what to do!

i might try that w7 repair, see what happens. if no joy, will prob just continue as is for now (and ignore essentials) till budget dictates.

IMO

Mid range i3's are cheap and more powerful than any celeron/pentium system.

You could try an AMD Octacore, they are cheapish , or if you just want something to do office, web and the odd game the AMD A10 has a better GPU, spec right and you can save money over Intel,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You could try an AMD Octacore, they are cheapish , or if you just want something to do office, web and the odd game the AMD A10 has a better GPU, spec right and you can save money over Intel,

cheers

a10 5800 around 80-90. x4?

octacore from around 110?

blimey so many variants. haven't looked into things since last build awhile ago.

what to do? :noidea:

IMO

cheers

a10 5800 around 80-90. x4?

octacore from around 110?

blimey so many variants. haven't looked into things since last build awhile ago.

what to do? :noidea:

You can get FM2 boards to support the APU for around £40 or less like this one

It is worth checking out all options and at the less demanding end AMD makes good sense. Obviously once you get into the cost of I5 and I 7 intel , but at the i-3 end AMD can be a good alternative.you are talking serious cash.

http://www.ebuyer.com/602462-a58ml-motherboard-a58ml

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

is this a problem? am away at my daughter's right now using her laptop so not able tp fix my desk top if there is a problem thanks, Sandy (B/C'S o/h )

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

tried glary; the reg repair, sfc again (clean), error check (no errors), uninstall (same message as before). still no joy!

thinking about doing a w7 sp1 repair install? do you think that will help?

and/or the MS Install Clean Up utility?

any thoughts? thanks.

Did you see if you had the windows update I mentioned before? A googly suggests that it could have caused issues!

Did you see if you had the windows update I mentioned before? A googly suggests that it could have caused issues!

hi

yes, that update wasn't installed at time of problem started. but i did subsequently install it, then uninstall to see if it wld fix things. no joy.

IMO

OK - I'll have a look through windows update logs, and see what else touches this software.

cheers

note, i also did the msi repair tool, and .net repair tool (essentials uses .net). no joy.

IMO

At this point it may be an option to boot with a live OS like Puppy from a CD retrieve data, then a reformat and reinstall Windows.

At this point it may be an option to boot with a live OS like Puppy from a CD retrieve data, then a reformat and reinstall Windows.

hi

yeah, i think now a fresh install is the way to go, either that or try the w7 repair install mentioned?

IMO

Go for a clean install. Its always nice to start afresh from time to time!

Agree with that, clean install is best, I have always done that when Windows gets silly, and if you can't get windows to load, using a live Linux distro like puppy which resides in RAM, and allows you to eject the boot CD once up an running allows access to all drives and use of external USB or DVD writer to pull essential fles and datra off.

• Haha 1