style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sounds like some of the features of the program may be in use or there is a conflict. You may have to close down any other programs that are working in the background before the uninstall will work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the uninstaller as admin

have tried that, no joy.

wlmail stopped working after putting the hd onto the other older machine. have tried some of those googly suggestions, but no joy.

sfc scan is ok.

IMO

:-):rant:

Sounds like a registry files missing. have you tried running the installer again? See if you can repair the installation? Then uninstall it?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Sounds like a registry files missing. have you tried running the installer again? See if you can repair the installation? Then uninstall it?

hi

yes have tried the offline installer and uninstaller, same message. nothing comes up. essentials is in the programs list, but when click on it it just comes up with the same message 'stopped working...'. have also tried the exe in the folder, and the command prompt, all as admin. also tried 'previous version' folder/file option, but thats not available.

IMO

Re install then un-install

hi

can't reinstall. the install doesn't work. just comes up with same message 'stopped working...close program'.

to say, have also done full a/v and rootkit scans. all clean.

IMO

I had that pig too

I chose one of the live essentials 2012

progs that i'd not selected before

I used movie maker

I scanned the disc in an external PC and unbeknown to me it removed one of reg files that had gotten infected.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Try uninstalling in safe mode?

hi

just tried that, same message 'installer stopped working...close..'

event viewer saying fault in installer etc.

I had that pig too

I chose one of the live essentials 2012

progs that i'd not selected before

I used movie maker

I scanned the disc in an external PC and unbeknown to me it removed one of reg files that had gotten infected.

cheers, will do another scan.

otherwise, will just bin it/leave it and use another mail. thunderbird? or..? any suggestions? (whatever happened to the excellent outlook express!)

IMO

It very much sounds like theres a bad or missing registry entry.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What is the full error your are getting in event viewer please?

faulting module: wlarp.exe. v16.4.3505.912

exception code: 0xc000001d

fault offset: 0x00099fa4

faulting process id: 0xbb0

path: ..\installer\wlarp.exe

event id 1000

IMO

Do you get an option to repair the installation - possibly on add/remove programs dialog?

no

there is a general 'repair' option re f8. shall i try that?

ps, is w7 sp1

IMO

Ok, try running this in command prompt (run as administrator first):

"c:\program files\windows live\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q

already tried that (found it re googly), no joy, same message 'stopped working..close program'. also have tried that external wlarp uninstaller (from glive).

will try that f8 repair.

IMO

tried the f8, just comes up with recovery tools; startup repair, restore, image recovery etc. did the startup repair, no probs found.

have found the (old) ms install clean up utility. shall i try that?

otherwise maybe a full w7 repair install?

sfc scan came up clean.

otherwise...? shall i just leave it?

IMO

Another option, is to see if you have KB 2670838 Windows Update installed. If so, try uninstalling this update, and then uninstalling as before.

that kb wasn't installed, but did install kb since, and then uninstalled it. no joy.

IMO

Do you get a repair option for Window Live Essentials when you find it in the add/remove programs list?

no

its listed there, but when click on it it just comes up with that message 'installer stopped working, close program'. nothing else.

IMO