Scottish CurrysPCWorld Refuse Laptop Refund

ScottishConsumer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I assume he wouldn't be unless he made it clear at the point of sale that he wasn't sure if the laptop was for him. I would assume if the customer has gone to the length of reserving and collecting, that they had already done their research and decided. I guess it could be construed as patronising or trying to create a hard sell if you ask a someone if they are sure that this unit is really for them.

I always try before I buy, everything, even down to something as small as an iron. You have to make sure it is comfortable to use and these kind of stores have the items all laid out for a reason. I know this is great in hindsight, but I would use it as experience and try it first next time I buy.

PCWorld spends millions training it's in-store teams on product knowledge, a simple 'would you like a demonstration sir/madam?' would go along way to closing the sale. 'Patronizing' doesn't enter the equation.

I assume he wouldn't be unless he made it clear at the point of sale that he wasn't sure if the laptop was for him. I would assume if the customer has gone to the length of reserving and collecting, that they had already done their research and decided. I guess it could be construed as patronising or trying to create a hard sell if you ask a someone if they are sure that this unit is really for them.