Job Seeker Agreement Problems

suitedandbooted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have finished my useless stint with Ingeus and referred back to JCP. My JCP advisor changed my jobseeker agreement from part-time work to 40hr a week with immediate start. He also said I have to look for work 40 hrs a week inc. weekend and that I must log into universal jobmatch everyday to do this. I explained there was a reason I am only looking for part-time work as I have caring responsibilities i.e look after my teenage daughter who has special needs.

He ignored me and printed off a list of work seeking activities that I had to do - which I was OK with as it was less than I have been asked to do in the past - once I signed that he gave me another sheet of paper that stated the 40hrs a week work, I told him I was not signing it as I had caring responsibilities, he told me that I had already signed and stapled the two sheets together to make it look like I had agreed and signed to both!

I told him in no uncertain terms that it was a dirty trick and was disgusted with him.

Where do I go from here as I could not possibly work all those hours and even find it difficult to look for work 6 hours a days 7 days a week due to caring for my daughter?

How are people getting on with the weekly planner? - it looks like a tool to sanction people to me

Insist that the JSAg is referred to a Decision Maker - You may need to involve a manager if this particular adviser is playing dirty tricks.

If you have care responsibilities, 40 hours a week with immediate start is unreasonable as anyone with common sense would realise.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi, I have finished my useless stint with Ingeus and referred back to JCP. My JCP advisor changed my jobseeker agreement from part-time work to 40hr a week with immediate start. He also said I have to look for work 40 hrs a week inc. weekend and that I must log into universal jobmatch everyday to do this. I explained there was a reason I am only looking for part-time work as I have caring responsibilities i.e look after my teenage daughter who has special needs.

He ignored me and printed off a list of work seeking activities that I had to do - which I was OK with as it was less than I have been asked to do in the past - once I signed that he gave me another sheet of paper that stated the 40hrs a week work, I told him I was not signing it as I had caring responsibilities, he told me that I had already signed and stapled the two sheets together to make it look like I had agreed and signed to both!

I told him in no uncertain terms that it was a dirty trick and was disgusted with him.

Where do I go from here as I could not possibly work all those hours and even find it difficult to look for work 6 hours a days 7 days a week due to caring for my daughter?

How are people getting on with the weekly planner? - it looks like a tool to sanction people to me

Download Job Seeker guidance from the .Govt website and also Universal Toolkit Chapter 3 very important if they pressure you about giving access to your Universal Jobsearch profile. I've came across a guideline about DWP adviser considering hours of work for those who have young children and children with needs. The dirty tricks are they doing because have to sanctions 3 people per week otherwise they get call by the managers no lie it's the truth, those advisers would do anything to reach their targets, my son was constantly being threaten with sanctions, I rang his advisers and gave them what for and make sure he take all necessary guidance with him now they leave him well alone, he's got an interview on wednesday next week keeping fingers crossed he get that job and away from the dwp's evilness.

It is important to get guidance and legislation and shove it in front of the adviser they don't even know their own guidance and legislation.

Thank you for your responses, I have looked at the legislation and can see that they should not be able to do this to me. The advisor said because my child's DLA was stopped (long story) that she is not classed as having "special needs" ! even though her school classes her as such.

I shall email his manager and put in a formal complaint. I am sick of these people!!!!!

Thank you for your responses, I have looked at the legislation and can see that they should not be able to do this to me. The advisor said because my child's DLA was stopped (long story) that she is not classed as having "special needs" ! even though her school classes her as such.

I shall email his manager and put in a formal complaint. I am sick of these people!!!!!

That's great and make sure you email the legislation to that Manager it's always good to point to them the legislation or their own guidance never take what dwp says to face value they permanently lie to people most times, idiot just because her dla stopped which they would make sure of that anyway doesn't mean your child is not special needs.

yes me too are sick of them something will happen soon enough the way the dwp are treating people, some people are driven to poverty and destitution that was mentioned on BBC teletext this very morning back to Dickens era we will go.

hope your problem get sort out.

Just to be clear, are you saying that your adviser tricked you into signing something?

Don't they always they are tricking people in thinking they are signing off their sanctions when in reality people are signing for two weeks more on sanctions.

Don't they always they are tricking people in thinking they are signing off their sanctions when in reality people are signing for two weeks more on sanctions.

No, they're not always intentionally deceiving people by tricking them into signing forms that they didn't intend to sign. When I worked for the DWP, that sort of thing would have got me in very serious trouble. So if it's what happened, OP needs to tell us because it's serious problem.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This is what happened;

I had my first interview with a DWP "coach" after finishing with Ingeus.

1) The coach told me he is changing my JSagreement from part-time work to full-time 40hrs per week

2) I told him I could not work 40hrs pw as I am a kid with special needs, I have always been looking for P/T work because of this

3) He said "that's not what's on the system"

4) I showed him my JSagreement which states P/T as I have "restrictions"

5) He took my current agreement, hid it under paperwork I asked for the agreement back, he refused, I demanded he give it back to me; he denied that I had given it to him, he said he had taken it out his folder and it belonged to him, I told him "I have just handed it to you and I want it back right now"!

6) He gave it back

7) He then went through the list of activities he wanted me to perform each week to find work

8) He printed them off and asked me to sign it - I read it thoroughly and signed

9) He then moved another sheet of paper over to me and went on to tell me about work plan diary

10) I picked up the sheet of paper immediately and read that it stated that I would work 40hrs pw with immediate start

11) I asked him what it was and he said your job seekers agreement, I would not sign it as I had already explained I had caring responsibilities

12) He said "too late you have already signed it" and then proceeded to staple the two sheets of paper together to make it look like one document and that the one signature covered both.

13) I told him "you have tricked me" - he denied it!

I have emailed the Manager and explained what happened, I have also asked for a copy of all information held on me via Data Protection Act and also asked how JCP could send me a letter 9 months ago stating that I can have restrictions put on number of hours but can't now and also asked that they confirm they will take full responsibility for anything that happens to my daughter while I work the 40hrs a week they are forcing me into!

UPDATE

Received phone call from JCP manager wanting to discuss complaint over the phone. Declined saying I wish to have it in writing. She wrote saying I could have 'restrictions' until child is 16! and that she would prefer to discuss my complaint verbally. I wrote back refusing verbal discussion and asked that she write.

So can anyone see in the legislation where it says restrictions are lifted when child turns 16? her condition is a life long one - so why 16?

quick question, is this still true

JSA Work Programme (WP) participants

90. You must not mandate JSA WP participants to create a profile and public CV in Universal

Jobmatch. This is because it is for WP Providers to determine and provide the support their

participants need to find work including (where appropriate) mandatory requirements.

Separate guidance is being prepared for WP Providers on the use of UJ.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/185446/response/456343/attach/html/3/5435%20Response.pdf.html

quick question, is this still true

JSA Work Programme (WP) participants

90. You must not mandate JSA WP participants to create a profile and public CV in Universal

Jobmatch. This is because it is for WP Providers to determine and provide the support their

participants need to find work including (where appropriate) mandatory requirements.

Separate guidance is being prepared for WP Providers on the use of UJ.

That FoI response was only published ~3 months ago, so I would say it is still applicable. In reality, it just shifts the burden of the mandation process from the JCP on to the WP provider. Quite how it helps the WP provider is difficult to see - They do not have access to the UJM system, so can not see if you have created an account or review your job search activity (IF the WP providers do have the same level of access as the JCP, I would be very concerned).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Caring responsibilities exist regardless of age - you may need to get a letter from a professional to confirm your child's needs and that they are permanent.

Have you got your MP involved? It might be an idea.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

But my point is i've been sanctioned for not providing the jobcentre with screenshots/printouts, that clearly states the WP provider deals with all my work search activity and there happy with it. I'm confused angry and upset.

In the FOI response

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/185446/response/456343/attach/html/3/5435%20Response.pdf.html

there is this section

"Additionally, JSA claimants on the Work Programme are still required to attend at least fortnightly jobsearch

reviews undertaken by a Jobcentre Plus member of staff. "