Heating and Water savingings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a builder and do a fair bit of plumbing. The below "tip" will not work if you have a combi boiler, only if you have a normal or pressurised cylinder.

If you normaly turn on your hot tap and wait ages for HOT water, try this because it works.

Turn the hot tap on full blast, then shut it off... wait 10/20 seconds and turn on again... Hot water.

This saves water and gas / electric because the small amount of cold water in the pipe has been hydraulically shunted back to the cylinder and replaced by hot.

Where as you would be running the hot tap waiting forever and introducing gallons of cold water into the cylinder costing money to reheat. Try it.

Many thanks for this - I've often wondered how much water I'm wasting whilst waiting for the hot to come through, and our heater is on a timer to come on at night, so once the hot water is gone, it's gone until the next morning.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.