mlphw vs barclays bank

mlphw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Just thought i'd make my first post to say what a great and helpful, informative site this is. Having done lots and lots of reading through I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off to Barclays on 27 October (delivered to branch by hand) and am now eagerly awaiting my statements ! I estimate it to be a fair amount as the 2 years statements that I do have filed away add up to over a grand ! It's shocking that going between £6-£10 over my overdraft a few times occasion they felt it justified to charge me £30 a day for 3 days running each time !

Will keep this thread updated with my progress and good luck to everybody else making their claims !

:-)

Barclays -

* S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) hand delivered 27/10/06

* Statements Received 1/11/06

* Pre Lim letter hand delivered 2/11/06

* MCOL Filed, Acknowledged & Defended

* N149 Submitted 24/01/07 (Due 26/01/07)

* ???? Still awaiting court date !

Halifax -

* £105.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Barclaycard -

* £60.00 Settled in Full after LBA

Hey Everyone,

Just thought i'd make my first post to say what a great and helpful, informative site this is. Having done lots and lots of reading through I sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) off to Barclays on 27 October (delivered to branch by hand) and am now eagerly awaiting my statements ! I estimate it to be a fair amount as the 2 years statements that I do have filed away add up to over a grand ! It's shocking that going between £6-£10 over my overdraft a few times occasion they felt it justified to charge me £30 a day for 3 days running each time !

Will keep this thread updated with my progress and good luck to everybody else making their claims !

Best of luck keep us informed.:D

Hey Everyone,

Hi there, first of all welcome - just thought this might help, you could prepare everything in advance and then complete with your figures once you've worked them out etc....You could also make a start on your schedule of charges spreadsheet.

When you are in receipt of all of the bank charges for the last six years that are relevent to your claim then you need to go here :

Consumer Action Group > Libraries - bank charges materials and other issues > Bank Templates Library navbits_finallink.gif 2. Letter - Preliminary approach for repayment.

This will give you the template for the next letter - download it and then tweek to suit etc. Along with this you will need to attach a schedule of charges which is a spread sheet that you will also need to download and complete. Do not include the 8% interest at this stage this will only need to be added at the court claim stage there are a few different versions here one will suit:

navbits_start.gif Consumer Action Group > Libraries - bank charges materials and other issues > Bank Templates Library navbits_finallink.gif 6. Interest calculation spreadsheets

I think that's all this stage. But another piece of advice is read, read and read it will certainly give you the confidence to carry on especially when you see so many successes.

Good luck and go for it !!

Anything further or you do not understand then post again!

• Confused 1

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Thanks for the quick replies Boobaby and livelylad. Boobaby - thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.

I have spent hours reading up on here and can't wait to get going and get my money back from the the xxxxxxx bank that is Barclays !! Everyones stories and successes are spurring me on ! Have set up another bank account too just in case.

[edited...thanks]

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Just a quick question....

Apologies if this has been asked and answered many a time but I have spent a good hour looking for similar questions and couldn't see any.

Has anyone had their personal account closed and overdraft asked to be immediately repaid ? I intend to close my account and pay off the overdraft once I get my money back from Barclays but there is no way I will be able to do this beforehand and if they do action this I will be in trouble !

I did read somewhere that once your account is in dispute they cannot refer your debt to a collection agency. Would this therefore apply here so that if they tried to claim the overdraft money back and I couldn't/didn't pay until I received my refund from them they would not be able to refer me to a collections agency and/or file a default againts me with the credit reference agencies ?

Thanks

:)

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Just a quick question....

Apologies if this has been asked and answered many a time but I have spent a good hour looking for similar questions and couldn't see any.

Has anyone had their personal account closed and overdraft asked to be immediately repaid ? I intend to close my account and pay off the overdraft once I get my money back from Barclays but there is no way I will be able to do this beforehand and if they do action this I will be in trouble !

I did read somewhere that once your account is in dispute they cannot refer your debt to a collection agency. Would this therefore apply here so that if they tried to claim the overdraft money back and I couldn't/didn't pay until I received my refund from them they would not be able to refer me to a collections agency and/or file a default againts me with the credit reference agencies ?

Thanks

Aint gonna lie to you honey there have been some people that have had their accounts closed - I in all honesty have had a claim settled by HSBC for £3,000 and I have an overdraft facility both of which are still intact. I wouldn't worry about it just yet, but set up another account which you said you were going to do just in case and cross that bridge if iyou come to it!!

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Just to update....

Full set of statements received free of charge (cheque returned with standard "we do not charge for this service" letter) on 1st November less than a week after the request.

Been through and highlighted all the charges. Preliminary letter hand delivered today (2nd Nov)

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

• 5 weeks later...

Another update :

LBA sent - 17th November (Delivered by hand)

Offer from Barclays received of approx 50% of my claim 29th November.

REJECTED ! MCOL submitted December 2nd.

:) :)

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

• 1 month later...

Just a little update for anyone interested or at a similar stage -

MCOL submitted online Saturday 2nd December

MCOL acknowledged Monday 4th December

Deemed Served Saturday 9th December

Acknowledged by Barclays Monday 18th December (5 days early!)

Defense Due - TOMORROW Saturday 6th January !

I assume that on Monday I can apply for judgement if no defense has been submitted but after reading a few other posts it seems they will get in there at the last minute.

Good luck to everyone else ! :)

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Just logged on to MCOL and Barclays' have sumitted their defense on December 4th (though it only updated on MCOL today) - I'll await the allocation questionnaire ! I can't wait to get a court date - it seems Barclay's are settling sooner nowadays after reading a few other peoples stories !

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Hi everyone,

I just wanted a quick bit of advice - apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer - must be going blind !

I received my Allocation questionnaire (N149) today which I need to return by 27-1-07.

I will fill in section G (Other Info) with the standard text from the template.

But do I need to send an up to date schedule of charges with the N149 form to the court and/or Barclays ? (P.S I did send one when I filed with MCOL)

Many thanks :confused:

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Quick question :

Does anyone know how I go about paying the £100.00 that is due with my allocation questionnaire ?

I can't get to the court by Friday (which is the due date) because of work so I can't physically go in and pay them during their opening hours. Can I post the questionnaire with a cheque ?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but I can not get throught to the court telephone line as it is constantly engaged.

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Great thanks for your help ! Will drop it through their letterbox tonight !

:D

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Whoops sorry Bookworm :oops:

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Good news !

I have a second claim with Barclays for a seperate account I had with them that is not related to the claim above. The charges only came to £145.00 but I sent off my Prelim and then my LBA last week. They still had 5 days to the deadline and I received a call today to say that they are very sorry blah, blah, blah and that they will refund the amount in full. Just checked my bank account and there is £150.00 refund sitting in my account !! Not sure what the extra £5 is for but I'm not complaining ! Donation on it's way !

Now just awaiting the next stage of the first Barclays claim above (now at £2,200). Sent my allocation questionnaire off on Wednesday and I went with the revised suggestion for the other info section and attached the draft order - I'll let you know if they agree ! The lady at the court says they are estimating 4-8 weeks for a date.

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I completed and handing in my N149 on January 24th and they cashed my £100.00 cheque a couple of days later.

I've heard absolutely nothing since which is just over 2 weeks now. Is that right ? How long does it normally take or does it just vary greatly ?

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

Thanks - hopefully I will get something back soon then.

Yes I used the new draft order too - did your court accept the order ??

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

yeah i took my AQ into the court on 17th january and got a reply from the court on the 3rd feb.

the judge had allocated my claim to small claims court but said i had to get my bundle in within 14 days of the order being served so i took it in on monday 5th and sent one to barclays (just handed it in at my local branch and got a receipt).

after my 14 days are up barclays have got 14 days to respond or the case will be struck out meaning i have won.

so i phoned barclays this morning and got through to krista who is handling my case , she said they are inundated and when i asked if they would like to settle out of court she said she would phone me back next week.

nearly there.

Well good luck with yours - keep me updated !

Mine has now got a court date of May 3rd.

So I guess I just prepare my bundle and sit back and wait now !

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've got my court date throught for May 3rd - unfortunately they didn't follow my draft order for directions that I used (from the new allocation questionnaire template).

Apart from preparing my court bundle is there anything I can do now or do I just sit back and wait ? It is very tempting to contact Barclays but obviously I don't want to appear desperate to them.

Actually had a call from their collections department today saying I need to pay back my OD. I said I will - with the money I get back from you from my claim and not before. She said she knows nothing about that and there is no note on my account of any dispute or court claim. I said it's funny that you are calling from Barclays saying Barclays know nothing of my court claim yet Barclays managed to submit a defence etc etc - they must be pyschic.

Guess I just need to wait till the end of April !

Barclays -

Halifax -

Barclaycard -

No, I would'nt contact them personally. If their anything like Lloyds them the more you contact them the more they'll give you the run-around. Just prepare your documents and get them submitted in plenty of time - that may just prompt them to settle earlier, who knows.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.