Product Discontinued mid-project

helenwink
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

2 months ago i bought several packs of wooden flooring from Homebase, which was subsequently laid.

I have been online to buy an additional 18 packs to complete the project but it says there are only a few packs left dotted across stores around the country.

I called their customer services to be told that the product was now discontinued. They 'cannot' get the remaining packs delivered to my local store and i cannot order online.

I said i am left with half a completed room and was told 'nothing we can do'.

The product has not been and is still not being advertised as discontinued.

I emailed their complaints dept and asked for resolution but they just said that there was nothing they could do.

This is going to leave me £100's out of pocket as i will have to re-purchase and lay new flooring in the area i have just done!

Do I have any rights??

I think that you are in a bad situation. If you didn't make clear to the seller at the time that you were going to need more - and if they didn't give you an assurance that there would be no problem, then I think that there is nothing you can do.

I'm afraid that you are going to have to call around all of the stores in the country and buy them as you find them and get them down to you somehow. Is there any way that you can find out who supplies Homebase and go to them directly?

They can recall the stock from their stores back to their warehouse and send them out to your store but as this costs money they wont bother. Ask their head office to tell you who the manufacturer is so you can approach them yourself. they have done this for me and I got some discontinued parts for kitchens but it did take a bit of explaining to HO complaints resolution people rather than the customer services people. Wish I still had the number but they are in Milton Keynes