End of work programme, what now?

Jmulv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What happens at your first post work programme meeting? I've been informed about it occurring as my time is coming to an end.

I'm coming to end of my work programme at end of March I started WP 2 years ago 22nd of mark so will that mean my post work programme will be at end of march not the start? Reason is because I've just decided benefits is enough really I've luckily had an opportunity arise through a friend where I can secure some part time work (hopefully) which is fantastic that is just awesome to me! and i'm hoping to begin before this horrible post work programme crapp.

Reason I ask is my last work programme appointment was like a year ago or more and I only had a handful over my entire time.... they got my wrong address on their system and never bothered to sort it, I had few phone convos now n again with my advisor but my impression was they couldn't contact me probably tried I guess but never fixed it and I didn't bother because it was crapp anyway (Aside the useful C.V's they gave me which were actually a help) but beyond that utter crapp.

Do they ask for a post work programme report etc? I'm kind of worried too they'd try sanction me if I haven't been in ages saying I didn't attend the work programme enough or something like that blah blah but truth is work programme when I did go really did not help at all. But I don't want to be sanctioned in case I don't secure this part time work but I'm hoping I do, I'm really feeling excited about it but of course risk is I end up sanctioned and in the deep end right before I get myself some work.

Any info on this post work programme stuff would be appreciated!

No experience of post-WP, though I know there are other posters who have been through it. But you can't be sanctioned for not attending WP appointments unless you are sent (through the post, not email or text) or handed a Mandatory Activity Notice for each and every appointment they wish you to attend.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

your adviser on the wp will sit with you by the computer summing the days you attended and the days you had off and how well your job search went, how many interviews you have had, then they give you a mark, my adviser said i had done very well,but i never missed an attendance then they pass the information on to the job center.

then its menial courses from then on, i am on a course now wich i have already completed the course 4 months ago and passed,but the adviser says i still have to do it again so i will be getting city and guilds level 1 back to work certificate again ?

your adviser on the wp will sit with you by the computer summing the days you attended and the days you had off and how well your job search went, how many interviews you have had, then they give you a mark, my adviser said i had done very well,but i never missed an attendance then they pass the information on to the job center.

then its menial courses from then on, i am on a course now wich i have already completed the course 4 months ago and passed,but the adviser says i still have to do it again so i will be getting city and guilds level 1 back to work certificate again ?

Interesting

I haven't heard from my advisor in ages anyway. So I've no idea what will happen or how it'll work. My last apt was like last year in march or April something like that.

Either way I'm still crossing my fingers for part time work then i'll just get off JSA have to top up my earnings with rent benefit but right now it's better than nothing.

I haven't heard from my advisor in ages anyway. So I've no idea what will happen or how it'll work. My last apt was like last year in march or April something like that.

You should have a final meeting with your provider where they get the opportunity to generate an "exit report" and then return to the JCP for "intensive support" - The JCP programme appears to vary from one area to another and also seems to depend on the whims of the advisers involved.

If you are lucky, your WP provider will have forgotten about you and fail to provide the final meeting - You then have the opportunity to drop them right in it and insist on a copy of the exit report.

Update: From April 2014, the Community Work Placements programme will kick in. This is one of three options available to the JCP, although no selection criteria is currently available. Once again, this is contracted out to external providers on a "payment by results" basis.... Unfortunately for claimants, the providers contracted for this are the same ineffectual bunch of [edited] delivering the Work Programme.

What is the Community Work Placement ?

Commonly known as workfare - The placements should be predominately with voluntary organisations, but it is likely that shelf stacking in a store will play a significant role.

Edited by Mr.P

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

What is the Community Work Placement ?

Commonly known as workfare - The placements should be predominately with voluntary organisations, but it is likely that shelf stacking in a store will play a significant role.

Reminds me of one of Kevin Bridges' observations of workfare where he said that "...stacking shelves at Poundland ......where the items you stack are worth more than you.", or words to that effect!

Change of address is a change in circumstances: you have to let JCP and its contractors know immediately. If you told them over the phone then you done it.

To avoid the 30 hour per week shelf stacking from April 2014 onwards, you need to go into volunteer or part-time employment mode ASAP.

There is a form to fill in. You attach evidence and give it to your JCP adviser ASAP, possibly before you begin volunteering. Recent work experience [paid or unpaid] may save Work Programme leavers from MIR and community work placements. At your first post Work Programme interview at JCP say that you doing voluntary work and that your adviser logged it on the system. It is a 40 minute interview to decide which support group they put you into so you need to prove that you do not have multiple barriers to finding work. You need to prove that you are able to seek out and retain employment [paid or voluntary].

30 hrs pw unpaid shelf stacking or litter picking for 26 weeks to get your JSA and HB is not even funny so why not do a few hours pw voluntary work on your own account to prevent it? Email charities and companies that you would like to volunteer to get some recent work experience and possibly a reference. And the reason why you want to work for them. Eg if it is a homelessness charity, you are passionate about eradicating homelessness and why.

I made a FOI request a couple of weeks ago. DWP is unwilling to give info about the Help to Work Scheme as it is still under development [FOI response].

About PWPS they sent me the above .pdf info so it's up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Beatrice for the advice,

Yes I've read about changes coming in april trying to make you work 30hrs per week for JSA or something is there any info when this definitely is coming in?

I'm thinking if I at least get a part time job that pays at least JSA anywhere doing anything I can just claim housing benefit and get off JSA for the time being?

I can probably volunteer at Oxfam down the road they have a shop I could ask them for a shift or 2 and do that.

I'm thinking if I at least get a part time job that pays at least JSA anywhere doing anything I can just claim housing benefit and get off JSA for the time being?

If you can find a p/t job that pays £71 p/w, you'd lose entitlement to JSA, but you'd still be able to claim HB/CT.

I'm on a p/t job, and the basic pay is way less than JSA, but overtime usually takes me well above - Still get some CT relief. Really can't be asked to mess with the JCP anymore, and now that I am working, it should be easier to step in to another job if I need to.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.