UKPC, Moorgate, Bury ** SUCCESSFUL OUTCOME **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3717 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

' As registered keeper of vehicle reg xxxxxxx , I wish to invoke your appeals process, as I am not liable for this parking charge.

The land owner has suffered no loss while the driver was using the facilities on the site.

Please cancel this charge forthwith.

If you do not cancel this charge, please provide me with a validation code for the independent appeals service POPLA.'

Do not ignore the NTK. Appeal as above and we can get the charge cancelled at POPLA with the correctly worded appeal.

Thank you. Is it ok to reply with this via the online option or should it be in writing?

• 2 weeks later...

No they didn't provide me with that. They basically are saying they have still not recieved the payment and to give all correspondence to the driver that day. Then it says if nothing is paid within 35 days it will be applicable conditions under shecdule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 that they may have the right to claim the charge from me the registered keeper. The next paragraph says they don't have to provide me with a breakdown of their charges at this time but would be provided if it went to court. They also say they have taken legal advice and their charges are justified in that they amount to a genuine pre-estimate of loss and are likely to amount to 'liquid damages.' It goes on and on. They have reduced the rate back to £60 and put it on hold for 35 days. It would be far easier if I could post the image of the scanned letter!

Liquid damages-must be the floods. UkPC have screwed up every time they ahve been challenged on the way to court as they dont get things right and it looks as though they still havent learnt anything yet. No POPLA code, no sue the owner. They can give you the code any time they want to but they cant do much without doing so and that way it is in their interests to be good boys (but they arent that bright)

So is that what I should do? Write and ask for the code?

As registered keeper, refer to their letter and state that they have fourteen days to issue you with a validation code for POPLA, otherwise you will consider this matter closed.

I visit all three fora. I have to say that I find the atmosphere on MSE to be most welcoming, although they do tend to think that winning at Popla is the Holy Grail. I have some issues with PP where they tend to shunt informed debate into the Flame Pit. I have made few posts on here, but recall a brush with a moderator whom I found to be arrogant and ill informed.

Posters on here seemed to have upped their game re Popla. Personally I am happy to read, (and occasionally contribute), to all three.

Quick update. I sent the letter asking for the POPLA code and yesterday I received a reply saying my appeal (I never appealed) was reviewed and they had been in touch with their client and had decided as a 'gesture of goodwill' to cancel the penalty! In other words they knew they were getting sod all off me and decided to stop trying. Thanks for all your help guys, another victory!

Hi Marukomu

That's great news well done for sticking in there.

Could I also say a big thank you to all those caggers that came into Marukomu thread to offer there advice and assistance well done to you.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Quick update. I sent the letter asking for the POPLA code and yesterday I received a reply saying my appeal (I never appealed) was reviewed and they had been in touch with their client and had decided as a 'gesture of goodwill' to cancel the penalty! In other words they knew they were getting sod all off me and decided to stop trying. Thanks for all your help guys, another victory!

Well done! Now spread the word about the Private Parking Companies...

(You did appeal with your reply to the NTK. Which meant they had to cancel, or give POPLA code. Also it is not a penalty,or fine. That is the point... )