JSA Payments Christmas

jokecentre
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just wondering have you sorted it and do you know when ur money gos in?

Festive season payments,click on below link.....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?413170-Benefits-over-the-Festive-Season-2013-14-Courtesy-of-poster-45002&p=4423107&viewfull=1#post4423107

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, just a quick question.

I am due to sign on Christmas Day so obviously get paid automatically, I had a letter off them saying my payment is issued on 23rd but I have no idea when it will be going into my account, I normally sign on Wednesday and it hits my bank Saturday if that helps, is it likely I will be paid before or after Christmas? Thank you.

hi people new to this.

if u sign on xmas day do the job centre still look at your job search online? or do they just put it down as you have signed on and transfer the money to your account for monday30th of December yes?

hope to get some reply's thanks.

You'll be paid automatically and no-one will look at your jobsearch online - the Jobcentres are closed. However, bear in mind that when you next sign, they'll be looking for four weeks of jobsearch activity.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

ok thanks thats good wasnt sure if they checked your job search online or not.

hope u had a good xmas and wish you a very happy new year

Thank you very much, and the same to you - hope you had a good one :-)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Can DWP check your account at anytime or can only your job centre adviser do that when u sign on?

I assume you mean your Universal Job Match (UJM) account? If you've ticked the box to allow them access then it's technically possible for them to look at it at any time, but it's unlikely they'd bother except when you come to sign on.

DWP staff may not access any information about you without a good reason, and their access to many systems that hold personal information is monitored.

I assume you mean your Universal Job Match (UJM) account? If you've ticked the box to allow them access then it's technically possible for them to look at it at any time, but it's unlikely they'd bother except when you come to sign on.

DWP staff may not access any information about you without a good reason, and their access to many systems that hold personal information is monitored.

Yeh was speaking about UJ, aknow u aloud access for them to your UJ account but a wouldn't be happy if they look at ur job search etc when people aknow still use there booklet and don't get there's checked during holiday times.

Believe me (I used to work for JCP, though not at a Jobcentre) the last thing they'll be thinking about over Xmas is checking up on peoples' UJM accounts. They'll either be off work or wishing it was 5pm so they can hit the pub/go home to the kids/watch Doctor Who/whatever.

Believe me (I used to work for JCP, though not at a Jobcentre) the last thing they'll be thinking about over Xmas is checking up on peoples' UJM accounts. They'll either be off work or wishing it was 5pm so they can hit the pub/go home to the kids/watch Doctor Who/whatever.

Lol, was it any good working for JCP? I guess u have a better job now

Lol, was it any good working for JCP? I guess u have a better job now

Heh, at the moment I'm an, er, kept man, I suppose.

It was OK working for JCP, but you do spend a lot of your day being shouted at by angry claimants and the pay isn't very good. Still, there are far worse jobs out there.

Heh, at the moment I'm an, er, kept man, I suppose.

It was OK working for JCP, but you do spend a lot of your day being shouted at by angry claimants and the pay isn't very good. Still, there are far worse jobs out there.

Not suprised by angry claimants but guess not good when the pay isn't good lol, I guess u have never signed on before?

Not suprised by angry claimants but guess not good when the pay isn't good lol, I guess u have never signed on before?

Oh yes, there've been many times when I had to sign on. In fact, the only reason I'm not claiming JSA now is that my wife earns too much money. Slightly too much, that is - we're still broke, but we have just a little too much money coming in to be entitled to any benefits. And I'd claimed JSA before I worked for the DWP as well, so I like to think I was sympathetic. Sometimes, though, no matter how much you want to help a claimant, there's nothing you can do.

Oh yes, there've been many times when I had to sign on. In fact, the only reason I'm not claiming JSA now is that my wife earns too much money. Slightly too much, that is - we're still broke, but we have just a little too much money coming in to be entitled to any benefits. And I'd claimed JSA before I worked for the DWP as well, so I like to think I was sympathetic. Sometimes, though, no matter how much you want to help a claimant, there's nothing you can do.

That all u do with DWP/JCP take calls? U ever used UJM?

I did a lot of things other than take calls - mainly I processed changes of circumstances in existing claims to ESA (benefit for people who are too ill to work). I had to process mail, med certs, computer glitches and do callbacks for people who had problems the phone handlers couldn't sort. It was varied work, and I even found it interesting and rewarding in many ways.

I never used UJM as a DWP staffer, as I left before it was introduced and in any case I didn't work with JSA. As a claimant, I dodged a bullet - it was introduced while I was claiming but they didn't make it compulsory until after I signed off. My wife had an account, though, and she was seriously unimpressed.

I did a lot of things other than take calls - mainly I processed changes of circumstances in existing claims to ESA (benefit for people who are too ill to work). I had to process mail, med certs, computer glitches and do callbacks for people who had problems the phone handlers couldn't sort. It was varied work, and I even found it interesting and rewarding in many ways.

I never used UJM as a DWP staffer, as I left before it was introduced and in any case I didn't work with JSA. As a claimant, I dodged a bullet - it was introduced while I was claiming but they didn't make it compulsory until after I signed off. My wife had an account, though, and she was seriously unimpressed.

Yeh it seems they are forcing people of the booklet and on to UJM which I seem is just not right. I guess your wife wasn't a fan of UJM?

Dayle you can record your jobsearch however you want to.

You can write it on a piece of paper, use UJM or try to recall in your memory to give a verbal account whichever is the best method for you, remember some people are unable to use internet, computers for health reasons or bail restrictions.

I work for JCP currently have done for many years, I enjoy it but I'm based in the customer service side of things not the work coach side.

As Antone said there are those who come in shouting and abusive (I've been physically assaulted, verbally assaulted and held at knife point) I've been verbally assaulted out of hours in front of my children too and that for me is the only time it is a complete and utter no-no. he only thing that I take from it is that I try my best at all times no matter how infuriating or unhelpful someone I encounter and about is to bite my tongue and try not to launch. It is not nice to be shouted/sworn a/thumped etc for doing a job where you are bound by regulations and guidance as much as your are as a claimant.

I use UJM at work as I also work on the work search review team (signing) and I only access and check activities when a claimant is sat in front of me and we are all perfectly well aware that UJM access is not mandatory it is voluntary.

My Dad came in the office recently to visit me albeit briefly to drop something off for me as it was supposed to be my lunch break and he witnessed the level of abuse I encounter on an alto frequent basis unfortunately, my Dad is an OAP now but it was all he could do not to belt 7 shade of **** out of the person in front of me, he just never knew what I put up with until then.

All I would say is no matter how infuriated you feel wit the person in front of you try to imagine how you would feel if it was your wife, mother, daughter, sister, dad, husband, brother or son who was on the receiving end.

But I still love my job when I can actually help somebody get everything they are entitled to :-)

am sorry to hear what u have to put up with and what u have suffered from no one should get that kind of abuse or anything.

why does Dwp need access to your account and why cant u just show your job centre adviser if u know what i mean by this?

and do u know if dwp or jcp check up on your jobsearch if u do it online and its at christmas time.

my friends want to know to due to them signing on over xmas but getting excused.

see when it is xmas hoildays do use just sign us on without looking at our jobsearch and put the payment through?.

Dayle your jobsearch will only be checked at your next work search review (either with the work coach or the work coach assistants) if there is sufficient evidence of jobsearch provided then payment will continue as normal but if there is in-sufficient information in whatever format you chose to use ten a referral will be made regardless of if the payment had been advanced for the Christmas periods.

For claimants who would have been due to attend the office for work search reviews during the period of being excused the payment system is built in with an advance marker to release payments automatically but you are only officially entitled to this payment (for JSA) when you attend the office following this to sign the declaration to state that you have had no changes in circumstances or completed any paid or unpaid work during the 4 week period.

So yes your jobsearch will be checked but only when you next attend.

aw right i see you only get your job search checked when u officially attend the job centre not when there a holiday? and so when i sign on in 2weeks they will be looking for the 4weeks 2 weeks up to the 25th and then up to the 8th of January is this correct yes?

Yes, that's right - you need to show 4 weeks of jobsearch activity.

Re my wife and UJM, she found it highly annoying and mostly useless. Really, it didn't offer anything to her that other jobsearch sites couldn't provide more efficiently.

yes its but weird why u have to give access to dwp on your account when going to your sign on when u shouldnt have to plus be better just to let your adviser see your jobsearch when u turn up to sign on if u get what i mean by that.?

yes i agree there is nothing really different between any job sites these days.