style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. It's nearly 4 years old and is about to die on me. :(

Can anyone recommend a decent desktop please? With or without a monitor will do. Would rather not spend more than £400-500 on a desktop. It's mostly used for listening to music, surfing the internet and doing uni work, which is mostly word processing.

Thank you.

I have just bought a packard bell with 4 gb and 500 hard drive from Staples for under £300, do not go to curry's/pc world,

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Its overpriced and they wont help you if something breaks. Check the pc world forum.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My computer is 3 years old and does everything I want it to.... What troubles you having Nyst?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks. You're at least the second person to advise me to avoid PC World. How come? I did have a nose on there just see what was out there.

I don't know where you live but if you can, buy from a computer fair. I have always had the best deals in computer fairs.

Thats a graphics chip error. Seen it in my job when i fix tablets that are used pretty much non stop all day.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Have you ever thought about building your own? With your budget you can get some quite decent stuff off the interweb.

While Maplin are not that cheap, they do everything you need but if you can find an independant they will build one to your specs

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Also check on scan and dabs. They have some brilliant offers usually.

Building a compuer is easy. Everything only fits one way, like a jigsaw. The only remotely difficult part is connecting the case wires ( power button/resetbutton etc) to the motherboard. And even then, all modern cases have the name of the wire written on them. Just make sure the word faces outwards when you connect it to the mobo and youre set.

Building a compuer is easy. Everything only fits one way, like a jigsaw. The only remotely difficult part is connecting the case wires ( power button/resetbutton etc) to the motherboard. And even then, all modern cases have the name of the wire written on them. Just make sure the word faces outwards when you connect it to the mobo and youre set.

I have built two from scratch and I'm still around to talk about it. No, the first one didn't blow up! I just passed it on.

With any new motherboard, the manual that comes with it is (usually) comprehensive just make sure you have an anti-static wrist strap before you begin

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ive builr literally hundreds including server arrays. Its just people make it sound harder than it actually is.

Can you give links to the parts, i'll have a scout around and see if i can come up with cheaper, or a better spec for the same price.

have a look also on e buyer and crucial (memory) if diy, their prices are usually competitive.

do you have an operating system to install?

if not diy, then could go with a custom build?

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

You can get an OEM version of win7 pretty much anywhere on the net. Then just activate it online.

I wouldnt buy that system you just linked though. Can i ask your max budget and what you are going to use the system for?

No OS to install. Would prefer to get Windows 7. Not overly keen on 8.

ok, so you'll have to get one as well if diy and factor that in yr cost. (unless you go for a freebie outside of MS, eg one of the linux desktop o/s? or...?)

Edited by Ford

IMO

:-):rant:

Alright. Should be able to get you a better system than you spending 300+ on 10 year old tech.

• Haha 1