Euro Car Parks **Won**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

no you dont have a right to see it until you request it as part of your evidence for a POPLA appeal or court case. Then, they will be in big trouble if they dont send you a copy when it is properly requested.

These companies usually have a standard contract with the LL that is often flawed so of course they dont want you to see it. One of the bigger PPC's changed the wording of theirs a while ago to give them the right to try it on with parkers but how many contracts exist between landlords and parking co's werent renegotiated when the PoFA came in and removed all mention of clamps, tow-aways and other "costs" that could be justified at the time.

You ask in your appeal to POPLA for the PPC to provide proof through sight of contract that they have authority to pursue the parking charge. As you have brought the point up, the PPC have to address it.

And the adjudicator will find in your favour on that point alone....

But of course add other points that win.

'Failure to comply' on the sign means a breach of contract. So the sum they are asking has to be a genuine pre estimate of loss to the landowner.....

• 1 month later...

Excellent news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number xxxxx, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark xxxxxx .

Your appeal has therefore been allowed by order of the Lead Adjudicator.

You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator.

The Operator has informed us that they have cancelled parking charge notice number xxxxx, issued in respect of a vehicle with the registration mark xxxxxx .

Your appeal has therefore been allowed by order of the Lead Adjudicator.

You are not liable for the parking charge and, where appropriate, any amounts already paid in respect of this parking charge notice will be refunded by the Operator.

So that means that euro car parks cancelled the charge when they saw your appeal to POPLA.

No assessor looked at it ....

well done fortaking on the challenge and pleased with the result. I see a couple of similar withdrawls by PPC's recently where the outcome was going to be unfavourable for the parking co. I wonder if there is going to be a change in contractual conditions with both the landlords and their customers in the near future as they cant keep losing their appeals like this and stay in business. I know that the successes againxt their claims are relatively few compared to the overall turnover but they are disproportionately expensive and time consuming for them and the number will undoubtedly grow as word gets around..

Whilst not wanting to detract from Chipper64s success at POPLA nor the excitement over the fact that this is the third CAG success this week, may I put this into perspective?

The following numbers are ball park figures based on statistics of which I have access to;

In the last seven days there were somewhere in the region of 38,500 (about 5,500 per day) private parking tickets issued (in 2011 it was an average of 3,700 per day)

In the last seven days there were roughly only 450 POPLA appeals submitted.

In the last seven days 150 of those appeals were wins for the motorist, the other 300 were wins for the PPC operators.

Remember that these are averages so there will be fluctuations but it gives you a useful idea and perspective of the scale of things that we are dealing with here.

Whilst not wanting to detract from Chipper64s success at POPLA nor the excitement over the fact that this is the third CAG success this week, may I put this into perspective?

The following numbers are ball park figures based on statistics of which I have access to;

In the last seven days there were somewhere in the region of 38,500 (about 5,500 per day) private parking tickets issued (in 2011 it was an average of 3,700 per day)

In the last seven days there were roughly only 450 POPLA appeals submitted.

In the last seven days 150 of those appeals were wins for the motorist, the other 300 were wins for the PPC operators.

Remember that these are averages so there will be fluctuations but it gives you a useful idea and perspective of the scale of things that we are dealing with here.

Chipper64 has had his parking charge notice cancelled. He has been informed by POPLA that as registered keeper he is not liable for it.

Along the way he has learnt about the Private Parking industry and can now inform family, friends, work colleagues etc, about how PPCs

operate. That has to be a plus.

• 2 weeks later...

I've not yet done with this. They've got me on one now.

I'm trying to identify the registered landlord for this car park and to then ensure that it isnt being declared as 0% rated for council tax. If they are 'earning' an income from this land then it is only right that they pay their dues.

Anyone know how to do this effeciently?

"Live by the sword, die by the sword".

Contact either the local council or the Valuations Agency, who deal with commercial rates. They will be able to give you the local office number and that office will tell you everything you want to know and may investigate for themselves if the rating is wrong.

If you want to go for the throat, bring it to the attention of your local Trading Standards Officer, not Consumer Direct who are useless. Copy all correspondence to him and suggest that they are infringing the Trade Descriptions Act.