eBay Froze My Account - Legal Battle

Arikostinaal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

eBay froze my account due to 'unexpected activity'

(meaning I sell toys, had the foresight to sell them early and made a load of cash over a two week period).

No explanation, no excuses.

They refused to move, or give me the money (PayPal also frozen) so

I ended up giving pretty much back everything in refunds as I couldn't afford to buy the stock (money all tied up in PayPal account).

This has ruined my company.

I owe some fees to eBay but there's not a cat in hell's chance I'm prepared to pay it if I have any chance of fighting and winning.

Does anyone have any advice?

Should I pay the money or has ANYONE ever fought eBay and won?

What they've done here at this critical time of the year is just astonishing;

it's hardly the first time they've utterly messed me around

and cost me a load of cash but this is the final straw.

Ebay and PayPal can do what they want when they want, recently it’s been the mass cull of private sellers and even some medium business sellers.

Usually if you’ve had your PayPal account frozen including funds held within you either have to provide some proof of identity and they’ll release it or you’ll have to wait a few months, 180 days rings a bell for some reason tho I might be wrong.

It would be pointless fighting ebay, you can always decide not to pay your fees but ebay will pass the debt onto a third rate DCA who’ll send the occasional threat letter which can always be ignored.

Be careful though, accounts associated with your own, even if you’ve logged into ebay on someone else’s computer or vice versa, ebay will link accounts and ban the lot.