Eviction date 2nd dec help please *Eviction Stopped*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, are you able to open the affixed file and fill it in? it's a budget sheet - you need to fill in all income and outgoing so we can see how much is left over each month to offer towards the arrears.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ell-enn is giving you advice re the eviction process which is the priority because of the eviction date.

When you have time I believe at 69 and with both physical and mental disability your mum is eligible for attendance allowance this is not means tested payment at present (current income irrelevant) as long as you don't have too much savings which clearly she doesn't have. Take a look at this website https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/what-youll-get. If you actually have a doctor's diagnosis of dementia you may be able to get the higher rate.

Also if you have a dementia diagnosis your mum will probably qualify for exemption from council tax. The form to fill in is called Serious mental impairment. (SMI) It's not a good name for a form and causes a lot of upset for those claiming it but ignore what it is called, if she is entitled then claim it. The exemption will be back dated to the date of diagnosis and this might help her financial situation. If she hasn't seen a doctor get one to come and see her. You should also get a written letter from her to allow you to speak to the doctor and the council on her behalf as it is causing extra stress.

Citizens advice Bureau will help if you are struggling yourself. If she is diagnosed with dementia then will need to consider in the near future sorting out two power of attorneys, one to take care of her finances and one to take charge of health care when she is no longer able. Early diagnosis is key here because there is medication that can help keep these illnesses in abeyance for a while. It will be far easier and cheaper to do the Powers of Attorney while she is still deemed capable of expressing her wishes than later on.

You may be able to get some help and advice from MIND the mental health charity who also have lots of local offices who might be able to offer support and assistance especially in relation to completing forms and what else your mother might be entitled to.

Keep strong you are going to be able to sort this for her

Ell-enn is giving you advice re the eviction process which is the priority because of the eviction date.

When you have time I believe at 69 and with both physical and mental disability your mum is eligible for attendance allowance this is not means tested payment at present (current income irrelevant) as long as you don't have too much savings which clearly she doesn't have. Take a look at this website https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/what-youll-get. If you actually have a doctor's diagnosis of dementia you may be able to get the higher rate.

Also if you have a dementia diagnosis your mum will probably qualify for exemption from council tax. The form to fill in is called Serious mental impairment. (SMI) It's not a good name for a form and causes a lot of upset for those claiming it but ignore what it is called, if she is entitled then claim it. The exemption will be back dated to the date of diagnosis and this might help her financial situation. If she hasn't seen a doctor get one to come and see her. You should also get a written letter from her to allow you to speak to the doctor and the council on her behalf as it is causing extra stress.

Citizens advice Bureau will help if you are struggling yourself. If she is diagnosed with dementia then will need to consider in the near future sorting out two power of attorneys, one to take care of her finances and one to take charge of health care when she is no longer able. Early diagnosis is key here because there is medication that can help keep these illnesses in abeyance for a while. It will be far easier and cheaper to do the Powers of Attorney while she is still deemed capable of expressing her wishes than later on.

You may be able to get some help and advice from MIND the mental health charity who also have lots of local offices who might be able to offer support and assistance especially in relation to completing forms and what else your mother might be entitled to.

Keep strong you are going to be able to sort this for her

She gets dla at high rate and care at middle rate can't open PDF on me phone don't have computor

Do you have a library near you that you could go to and use the computers there? If I am to help you will need to be able to print documents out to take to the court. Otherwise you will have to get assistance from Shelter or the CAB

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Can you email it to me at Ell-enn@consumeractiongroup.co.uk (there is no space between the c and o, the site just shows it like that) I can then see what disposable income there is to maintain payments towards the arrears.

You will need to apply to the court on an N244 form to get the eviction stopped, will you be able to download and print off the form from this thread ?

Hi Traceydavis,

It's never too late.

The people on here, Ell-enn in particular, work at an incredible fast pace - just do as asked and all will become clear.don't

know how to fill this n244 form in and thank you every one

Regards

HTA

Don't know how to fill this n244 form in and thank you everyone

I can help you with the N244, just let me look at the budget sheet first. I am at work at the moment but will try and look at it as soon as possible. Then we can get to work on the N244. Are you able to download it and print it off?

Hi, I've got your email but I can't read the budget sheet as you've sent it as a picture and it's not upright. Can you list on here the incomings & outgoings please.

They said she can have one till she 85

Most lenders cap the mortgage term until 75, there are one or two who look at longer terms. Was the mortgage arranged through a broker?

There maybe a claim under Section 150 of the Financial Services Markets Act 2000 because the mortgage was probably mis sold. First of all follow Ell enns instructions for help.

There will be charges added to the account for late payments and arrears, any idea on what they are charging?

Edited by ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Are there arrears on the main mortgage? if so how much is she paying towards them ?

OK, add the shopping and cigarettes together to make £260 per month (if they see she smokes they could say she should give that up and pay more towards the arrears). If she pays £40 towards mortgage arrears she should offer £75 towards other arrears until mortgage arrears are paid off and then she could pay £115. Does that sound OK?

You should also increase the gas and electric by £20 each as the cost of heating will be more in the coming cold weather.

My friends doing it

Doing what ?