cpa cancelled money still taken

mame
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I cancelled a cpa i had with minicredit with my bank but today they rinsed my account. I phoned my bank and asked for a charge back they refused saying it was not a cpa payment it was a one off payment taken 3 times and because they changed the amount and the date when they took it , it could not be stopped.

Ive put a visa dispute in and a complaint is there anything else i can do at this time.

thanks mame.

Well the bank will have to refund as it is an unauthorised charge however that is why I always recommend "losing" your card in these situations so that you get a new card with a new number.

As for minicredit, did you cancel the CPA with them?

If so get a complaint into them , head it is big red letters FORMAL COMPLAINT. At the same time I would call the CAB consumer helpline and tell them, they will pass your complaint on to the appropriate people

Personally i would not only email it but send it by royal mail signed for to the address on the website.

If after 8 weeks they have not resolved it, or they issue with a final response that you are not happy with then contact the Fos

Anyone would think I was out to get them....and they would be right!

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Card has been "lost" today, Ive been trying to contact minicredit to set up a payment plan but they have been ignoring me.

I cancelled with my bank but not with minicredit. I Just need my money back to pay my rent.

Tell your bank to do an immediate chargeback. Too many banks fail to follow the rules as their desk staff are woefully undertrained.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Tell your bank to do an immediate chargeback. Too many banks fail to follow the rules as their desk staff are woefully undertrained.

I did request a chargeback they refused saying it was not a cpa transaction but a one off payment so it could not be stopped. And this was from a supervisor not a front desk monkey.

Theyre wrong. Even a one off transaction can be stopped and charged back to the originating account. And in most branches, the supervisors are desk monkeys. You need to speak to the branch managers or higher. No-one else.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Was all this done today?

I thought you said you raised a visa dispute

You do need to speak to the disputed transaction dept although I imagine you were on the phone today

Surprise surprise. They are VERY well known for ignoring the law. Perhaps they think they operate under spanish law and not Uk law.

Somewhere i think i have a number for their disputed card payments. My guess would be they don't work Sunday. Leave it with me

The only number i was given was 08459724724 and get passed to disputed payments team

Edited by fletch70

Not at all surprised at the bank. Had a similar problem with them. A couple of people denied it was a CPA but the person who took the formal complaint told me it definitely was a CPA. When I challenged them once it was confirmed as a CPA they never denied it was my legal right to have it cancelled only that it's not their policy to cancel them.

I hope you reported the bank to the fca. Law and regulation override any silly policies the bank may have.

Keep demanding a full chargeback from your bank and inform the FCA asap. Fos will get involved when you exhaust the banks complaints procedure.

The FCA are taking a hard stance against banks that refuse to comply with the 2009 payment regulations. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?395493-Been-refused-cpa-cancellation-since-nov-2009-Go-get-your-money-back-now!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to consider if the bank is looking after your interests well enough for you to remain a client with them. Especially since they have breached regulation, then tried to claim they didnt.