PC World Help

Scone76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3846 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I bought a Nexus 7 Tablet from PC World on September 12 this year and

last friday(Nov 1) less than 2 months it was charging on & off

then stopped completely over the weekend so

I took it back on Monday to PC World.

I didnt have insurance as I couldnt afford it but being less than two months since purchase is not a unreasonable amount of time

infact ridiculous that this should happen they should help especially as under the sales of goods act for the first six months the onus is on them,

the chap was friendly enough and said it would have to be sent away(which I expected)

but I thought somewhere close but no too Holland!!! to Asus HQ

I said to RE SOG Act the onus on Retailer and said yes this is us dealing with it,

I was shocked but accepted and left though was angry with myself for not pushing it

and asking why as the onus is on them, why there own technicians could resolve it.

My questions are these,

were they right to send to manufactures in Holland and

where do I stand if manufactures refuse to repair for whatever reason,

surely PC World are legally if not morally responsible

Thanks very for listening and would be very grateful for any help/advice

yes of curse they are responsible

they have the choice to either repair/replace or refund

typically they and knowhow etc use a 28day turn around

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suppose unlike a laptop which can be taken apart and individual components swapped, tablets tend to contain soldered components and their repair is probably beyond the scope of a PC world technician.

If it were me I would be glad they are sending it to the manufacturer for repair rather than attempting it themselves ... however that doesn't get you a tablet in the mean time.

I take it you asked if an exchange was out of the question so you don't have to walk away empty handed?

Smile, you never know who's watching...

Nothing wrong with them sending it to the manufacturer. Their own technicians probably aren't trained to deal with the Nexus kit so they send them back to Asus. As long as they are the ones actually handling that then they are fulfilling their obligations under the SOGA both legally and morally really. Virtually every retailer will opt to repair such a product rather than replace it after 2 months.

If the manufacturer refuses to repair, then you need to ask for a full report on why this was exactly, then have an independent inspection carried out to either confirm or counter that reason. The only way they would refuse is if they decided that the fault was caused by either damage of some kind (like the tablet being dropped/stepped on/thrown/etc) or water damage from a spillage. But wait and see what happens first before you start talking about what ifs :)

Thanks guys for the replies so far,

Dx unfortunately its beyond the 28 days,

Cazz sadly no I didnt ask for exchange, as I said I regret not pushing it more and

Cazz/Maxx I personally think they should be trained,

ive not so much a problem with being sent away,

just to Holland bugs me,

I think the law needs changing so if a company wants to trade in the UK

it must have premises here for customer service/call centre/repair etc.

It just seems farcical they employ hundreds if not thousands of technicians countrywide but

a: they either not trained or

b: if they are but refused to use them and would rather sent tech abroad.

Thanks Maxx for explaining what happens if they refuse and I know I must stop with the what ifs, I always think the worst and must stop.