Thoughts in your day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so do we and thank you, we are registered with Homeswapper as well as numerous other free sites,, love our house and be good if we could pick it up and take it with us, lol Trying to get to be near Sandy's daughter who has recently had a baby, she lives in Ilkeston,Derbyshire

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

I believe we are starting to see the demise of the NHS. Jobs are gradually being migrated to private companies. Jobs are being downgraded to pay staff less. Staff being asked to reapply for their jobs. Seems it's being done under the radar so it doesn't get noticed.

Glad the paps are reporting 'What recovery.' It has to be felt by the ground force before recovery is a reality. It's when people have money in their pockets to spend in the economy you can claim recovery. One glimmer of hope is the talk of starting the HS2 project from both ends. I believe it would be Crewe and London and then meeting in the middle. This makes sense creating jobs in more than one place in the country at the same time.

The new garden city proposal in Ebbsfleet. Lets hope it gets off the ground soon and we don't see overseas investors taking advantage of it, which has happened in London.

The thought the most clever and able always come from the privileged schooling as was George Osborne's inference I think. Granted the facilities are top notch but intelligence does not stop with these education establishments. Intelligence is one thing they don't hold the monopoly on.

The Crimean referendum.

The missing plane is a mystery we are told but when you think a plane can disappear into the abyss without trace in these times, seems incredible.

• 3 weeks later...

I can see now why they didn't like the Clergy speaking out about poverty and the likes of loan sharks, the gagging order against protest and speaking out against the Government. Now I thought we were a democracy http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/28/lobbying-bill-passes-house-lords

I keep getting a pop up at the side of my CAG home page for League of Angels and how i've got to guard her. Maybe there's a msg there.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It is reported we are becoming a Downton Abbey society. I presume they mean by this, 'know your place'. This would also cover not having ideas above your station. I have noticed mens beards are very much in now so they may have a point.

Maybe i'm missing something with the Prestorious case but, you would know the other person is not in the bed, where they were.The brain then thinks the person they can hear is the person who was in the bed. The following course of events the way he describes them has not convinced me his actions were not premeditated.

One of the clips I saw of him in Court during the case showed him laughing at something. Very inappropriate I thought. I'm sure Reeva's friends won't hold back on their thoughts.

• 1 month later...
The ads at the top and side of my CAG home page. Is it random advertising as the subject material can be interesting!

I think it has something to do with an individual's internet browsing habits. I must admit that kind of worries me cos mine are mostly dating agencies !!

Is it poss to be signed into CAG viewing and posting, but not show at the bottom of the home page as being signed in?

Interesting question - I will ask for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is it poss to be signed into CAG viewing and posting, but not show at the bottom of the home page as being signed in?

Apparently not :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You can download an adblocker so you can view webpages without the ad's being displayed.

The only reason I use an adblocker is because most of the ad's now display a moving advertisment so you cannot concentrate on reading the page.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

I think it has something to do with an individual's internet browsing habits. I must admit that kind of worries me cos mine are mostly dating agencies !!

That's a delayed reply CB! I posted that in April! I was waiting to see if someone was going to say it was browsing habits:lol: No it's not in this case, my lappy is not shared. It's fnding it's way there though through the cyber space, just like the rubbish finding it's way to you. Maybe through CAG?

You can download an adblocker so you can view webpages without the ad's being displayed.

The only reason I use an adblocker is because most of the ad's now display a moving advertisment so you cannot concentrate on reading the page.

Stigman

I will sort it and thanks.

That's a delayed reply CB! I posted that in April! I was waiting to see if someone was going to say it was browsing habits:lol: No it's not in this case, my lappy is not shared. It's fnding it's way there though through the cyber space, just like the rubbish finding it's way to you. Maybe through CAG?

Yes, sorry about that - only just noticed the thread, although you could well be quite happy chatting away to yourself, I thought I would join in :lol:

BCOBS

:thumb:

BCOBS

• 4 weeks later...

I feel we do get selective journalism and my concern for now is the reporting of the UK is too posh to make a sandwich. I too read the headlines as they were until I spoke to someone who in turn knew people who did work on the sandwich production line, and wanted to continue in employment. It was explained the temperature conditions are very cold to work in this environment, many try to over come this problem but many become unwell working for long periods in a fridge. Maybe we should have more info regarding what it's like to work in these factories to get a balanced view as to what is exactly going on before we judge the UK.

Talking about fridges, there's one on a comet somewhere out there. We have the technology and resources for these projects i.e the numbers which travel around the system, known as money to fund such exploration so we should be able to do the same to get water and sanitation to countries. It's the basics of civilisation which can prevent and stop disease. It would be a step towards changing the lives of the people in these areas. The really worrying thing being, it suits a certain type to use their people for their own greedy gain.

Philae comet lander, all the fuss, when a couple of years ago we had over 200 Comets, much easier to get data before they closed and they were closer to home.

Where do the banker fines go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25214567

I wonder if Jimmy Saville knew about what we are hearing of the high profile paedophile ring and that's what saved him from being exposed, or he would spill the beans.

Do MP's move/defect to a potentially winning side just to ensure their future.