Thoughts in your day

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was there life on Mars?:-D

Theres water - so yes

but its probably been largely as it is now for at least a billion years or more, so probably nothing more than microbes - maybe worms at some stage.

Europa might be a better bet

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/science/kiefer/Education/SSRG2-Europa/europa.html

With Titan the life would be VERY different - but possible as it is on Mars (see above).

All depends on your definition of life I suppose.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

wondering if anyone else has had dealings with Notonthehightstreet.com? What a shower of imbeciles !

I am fighting to get a refund from one of their suppliers but getting fobbed of, so glad got CAG !

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

saw a christmas ad for UNICEF begging for money for Yemen. It went on about bombs falling from the sky and starving children.

No the bombs werent some random effect, they were deliberately dropped from aeroplanes and the children were being starved by the actions and orders of intransigent politicians in both factions.

Big differences. Nothing more shocking than the truth so dont be coy, risk that slap from the Charities Commissioner and tell the truth

All Politicians are liars and none are fit to run this country . Corbyn is the worse of the lot followed by Mrs May!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

All Politicians are liars and none are fit to run this country . Corbyn is the worse of the lot followed by Mrs May!

I feel I must take issue with that snowdragon

Surely at least Alexander Borice de faffer Johnson (also known as Alexander durr Grate) and possibly also Davies come before May in that list.

:!:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

.. not forgetting Rees-Mogg and Chris Grayling.

I would class rees mogg as an also ran in the quality of his lies department but def near or at the top in the unfit ... he might even give Corbyn a run for the title in the unfit league.

Its just the quality of smuggs lies that let him down and simply aren't world class enough to get him in the top ten of unfit+liars.

I think Baker beats smugg in the lying league, but Baker is only a second or third rater in the 'unfit' to be a politician (as politicians go).

Gove of course is a Star in both the lying and unfit classes, and would also be above May if he didn't keep getting caught.

Gove is of course the epitome of Richard III, who Johnson aspires too,

but Johnson simply doesn't seem to realise he himself isnt a Richard - Just a short form Dick and barely a Baldric.

At least none of the government front bench have trouble working out who was in the driving seat when things went wrong. Huhne and Onasanya on the other hand.... since we are talking about lying.

Lets face it, barely any of them are worth their salaries and the ones that are like Frank Field and Stephen LLoyd are hounded by the Broadmoor wing of their parties.

Thinking of my darling granddaughter Alisha, 13 years old today. I miss you so very much and always will xx

Visit to hospital for wife's heart scan

On way out car put ticket in machine reved up, wheel spun, the hit the still closed barrier

Things happen occasionally that people must look back and wonder - what would have happened if I wasn't in a hurry

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Things happen occasionally that people must look back and wonder - what would have happened

My only child, my son, drives 70 miles a day each way to and from work on the motorway. Three weeks ago, just after 8.15 pm in the dark and in driving rain he aquaplaned and lost the back of the car in a slide.

Thanks to his youth on the XBox and these games they play, he steered out of the first slide, the car went the other way and he steered out of that slide too. Then his tyres hit drier road and the car shot into the central barrier broadside, the whole back panel broke off, the car spun around twice going across 3 lanes of the motorway from the outside lane to the hard shoulder and the car came to rest near the ditch.

Most days there would have been a line of HGV's waiting to greet him as he spun out of control, most days there would have been a line of cars speeding behind him. Most days there would have been carnage and I would have lost my son under a pile of twisted metal.

That day - he was spared. Just a bump on the head, a bit of the shakes and a reality check. He walked away!

The car was wrecked and looking from the back of the car to the front, I could see the width of the near-side wheel which had been exposed when the side of his car was punched-in from crashing against the barrier.

Occasionally people look back and wonder what would have happened-you are right.

A wife, two young children, my only son.

There is a God, or an angel or something or somebody who thought that day was not for taking him.

I look back and wonder.

But that's heart attack material if ever there was - for him and for me! This time I'm lucky.

May you all have a happy and safe Christmas.

Drive carefully.

I'm so pleased your son is OK, Andrew. :)

Thanks Honeybee, me too - but just imagine how I feel right now whilst he, in his new car he had to hurridly buy, is today driving 900 miles to Berlin with the family for Christmas - and back in 3 wks time!!

I daren't even think about it!!

Kids!! :|

Think I upset someone in sainsburys

They demanded I moved my trolley so they could park in a bay - so I did

They had a moan at me because I mentioned it was an electric car bay

They got mardy because I was taking too long to unload the trolley and they wanted it to save walking to get one

Then at the end of it they turned around to me and told me I should be more polite

Apparently me turning to them and going "right up until this point I had been polite, but seen as you think I'm impolite I might as well be so go away you stupid cow" was enough for them to get back in the car in tears and drive off

I wouldn't have minded but she was as rude as anything and just expected me to take it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

And if it helps I do feel a bit bad for snapping back like that

Please note: