Officer visit this Friday

MiniM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has applied for pension credit. The idea being that what she gets will replace what I get in unemployment benefit, thus enabling me to sign off and tell Ingeus where to go! She is also to apply for Support for Mortgage Interest to replace what I normally claim for, which is due to end this December.

She received a phone call from a woman from the Pension Service and said what we would be entitled to, and asked if we still wanted to go ahead, which we did. She also said we would receive a visit from an officer and she is coming this Friday.

Is there anything we should be worried about with this visit?

Hello there.

It probably isn't anything to worry about, but hopefully people with experience of one of these checks will be along later to tell you more.

Is it a compliance officer or some other sort that you're expecting please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Some areas send out an worker to verify all your documentation for a pension credit claim, rather than have you send all the documents by post or go into the jobcentre. It is a good thing as it means all the required documents are seen there and then and tends to speed up the claiming process.

Nothing to worry about, it's a perfectly normal thing to happen if you live in an area where this is done.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

When I made it my intention to claim Pension Credit, I contacted the Pension Service via the telephone they promptly told me that they would have to arrange for one of their 'Visiting Officers' to come to the house.

Being a little suspicious of this I questioned why? I was told that they come out to look at all of our finances etc.

The appointed day came when two 'burly' guys stood on the doorstep, both holding up what appeared to be a warrant card.

They sat down and asked to see various bits of identification etc and then asked to see bank statements, passbooks, you name it they wanted to see everything. OK I suppose seeing that it was a means tested benefit. Then they started questioning me as to what our income was, where it came from, what benefits were we receiving etc.

At this point I was not at all happy as it appeared that they were not just helping me fill out a form but were clearly on a 'fishing' expedition. I stopped the interview and told them to leave.

Instead I filled out the form myself, got together all of the proof relating to current income and capital and sent it off. Within two weeks the award was made and a week later the back pay hit the bank.

I seriously do wonder if they have a hidden agenda when managing to get into someone's home.

I seriously do wonder if they have a hidden agenda when managing to get into someone's home.

No, they don't.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

She didn't say she was a compliance officer as such. Just that she was coming to check through statements, proof of who we are and proof on income etc.

Please do not worry. if you look around the forum a number of people have these visits for various reasons. All of which were helpful to the person involved. Estellyn & Antone know the system and can be trusted unlike some who I will not name.

No, they don't.

Oh thanks

But they certainly made me feel as though they were more interested on how we manage to live, where we get our money from and who gives it to us. Our children help us out quite a bit with small (£50/£100 or so) gifts every few weeks. They put the money in our bank for us. They wanted to know who gave us this money and why as well as their names and addresses. Then they asked us how we can afford to buy and run the car we have on the drive, what holidays have we had - all very personal questions and nothing to do with them. One of the guys sat at the table with me and the other started to wander round the ground floor, kitchen, lounge, dining room.

The Officer has been and gone, and she was nice. The meeting went fine and no awkward questions were asked. She told me to wait two weeks and then sign off JSA.

My next appointment at Ingeus is in two week so guess what I'll be telling them!

My next appointment at Ingeus is in two week so guess what I'll be telling them!

They may well try to tell you that you are with them for a total of 104 weeks and that participation in future "activities" is mandatory - It may be as well to draw up a letter stating that any further contact, be it by phone, letter, or home visit will be regarded as harassment and will be reported to the relevant authorities. Also demand that they cease processing personal information with immediate effect and confirm in writing that they acknowledge and understand what you have told them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.