FPN for Parking Offence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I received a Fixed Penalty Notice for parking in a residents bay whillst I was loading/unloading my company car from a business address. The Police Officer said as he had already started writing out the ticket he could not cancel it.

I have a few questions:

I only received Parts 3(payment slip), 4(vehicle defects) and 5(court request), Is that correct?

There is no details of my car on the notice, although I cant see where it could be written as there is only space for drivers details. if there is no car details on the notice how can they chase me/my company for payment?

I wish to appeal against the notice but do I complete Part 5 for a court hearing, write to my local authority although I am not sure who exactly I appeal to or do I wait for a notice to owner letter to arrive?

Sorry for all the questions but the notice I received is not clear.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

- This quote has been attributed to Mark Twain

I have moved your thread to the correct forum.

Thanks, sorry havent been on here for a while.

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain.

There is no 'appeal' or 'notice to owner' with police issued fixed penalty notices, you either accept the notice and pay the penalty or request a court hearing.

Okay that makes sense then. If I request a court hearing what is the likelihood of it going to court?

If I complete part 5 it doesn't ask why I am appealing.

Just found this on the net, is it correct?

According to The Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions General Regulations (2007), the following must be contained on a Penalty Charge Notice written out by a Civil Enforcement Officer:

• The date it is served.
  • The name of the enforcement authority.
  • The registration of the vehicle.
  • The date and the time the alleged contravention occurred.
  • Why the ticket has been issued.
  • The amount of the penalty charge.
  • That the penalty charge must be paid within 28 days.
  • That if the penalty charge is paid within 14 days the fine will be reduced.
  • How to pay the charge.
  • If the charge is not paid within 28 days, a 'Notice to Owner' form will be sent to the vehicle owner.
  • That you can appeal within the first 28 days and how you need to make the appeal, including the address (and email and fax if appropriate) that appeals should be sent to.
  • The grounds under which you can make an appeal.
  • That if your formal appeal is made on time but is rejected, that you can appeal to an adjudicator.

No problem, thanks for the response. I have just emailed the local police station I received the notice so hopefully I will get a response.

Okay that makes sense then. If I request a court hearing what is the likelihood of it going to court?

If I complete part 5 it doesn't ask why I am appealing.

You are not appealing, there is no appeal against a police FPN, it is either pay the penalty, or request a court hearing and it is then up to the court to decide.