Asda won't refund/exchange faulty phone without charger? Is this correct?

rhysd1309
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so if you bought a 66" TV with a 5 year warranty and at 4 years it went faulty and you tried to send it back to supplier without the original box, and they refused, that would be reasonable?

so everyone has to keep all packaging for everything they buy in case it goes faulty - Tvs, dishwashers, fridges, ovens? SoGA does not state that anywhere as far i have read.

What a marron:lol:

Somewhat different BUT some of the boxes for TVs do say retain this in case of return bein necessary.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

so if you bought a 66" TV with a 5 year warranty and at 4 years it went faulty and you tried to send it back to supplier without the original box, and they refused, that would be reasonable?

so everyone has to keep all packaging for everything they buy in case it goes faulty - Tvs, dishwashers, fridges, ovens? SoGA does not state that anywhere as far i have read.

The BIG difference is after 4 years they will not do an exchange as the law states they only have to offer as percentage of the value to account for the use you have already had if they cannot repair or replace so no need to keep packaging after 6 months.

The BIG difference is after 4 years they will not do an exchange as the law states they only have to offer as percentage of the value to account for the use you have already had if they cannot repair or replace so no need to keep packaging after 6 months.

What law is that then?

Anyhow, has the OP reached a decision on what he's going to do?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

If the guarantee is 5 years they would have to repair or replace with a like for like. After 6 months you need to show an inherent fault .

I still say go to Samsung. With my camera they sent me a pack I returned it , they repaired it and sent it back, no problem at all. Fight the battles you can easily win

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

don't sit too happy with this

its only 10days old

its nowt to do with any warranty.

they can and could take the charges from the new one they give you

put it with your faulty phone and send it off

as for the sim, the same thing can happen

I think its immaterial to it being exchanged.

dx

By doing that Asda makes the phone unsaleable. The phone should be repaired but you haven't made it easy on the retailer. I think it would take someone higher up to override Asda's standard return policy. I assume you have another way of charging the phone once it's repaired as binning the charger makes no sense to me.