style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Take it. if you are only using it for browsing facebook, then thats all you need.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no it is used for email, o/h is admin on a site, she also uses imikimi, not on facebook a lot

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

the one offered has 1GB RAM AND 40 GB hard drive

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

That would be fine.... if it came down to it, you could put Ubuntu on it which is a lighter OS

Also go to http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/ when you get it and we'll see if any of us techies have some spare ram sticks for it :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

been told XP is slow? had vista before, asked if have problems with it would he reburse money and he said yes within reason!

note though that ms support for xp is supposed to end in april '14. (basically then no more security updates, product updates).

but, for 25£ maybe worth a punt. and, as mentioned could change/update the O/S later, and add a bit more ram which would help (2gb min overall). what is the processor and graphics card (if any).

if you're just doing internet, basic office stuff, basic gaming, xp is unlikely to be noticeably 'slow' in practice cf vista/7/8. and, as sillygirl says, in some cases might even be 'faster' as the latters might have more services/features to load and run.

Edited by Ford
  • Confused 1

IMO

:-):rant:

Sorry for taking up so much space but found these

Our new Encore Dual Core bundle has everything you need to get you started, In this bundle deal you get:

A Dual Core Refurbished Dell Computer

Full Colour 17" Flat Panel Monitor

DVD Writer (CD-DVD Writer)

USB Ports (To plug in keyboard, mice etc)

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse (Brand New)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Operating System)

Microsoft Security Essentials (Virus Protection)

Power Cables and VGA cables (To plug your computer in)

1 Year Warranty (Return to base warranty)

£126.14

Hard drive upgrade to 160 GB extra £10

or this one £99

A Refurbished Computer Hand Picked by us (usually different to the picture)

Full Colour 17" Flat Panel Monitor

DVD Drive (CD-DVD Player)

USB Ports (To plug in keyboard, mice etc)

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse (Brand New)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Operating System)

Microsoft Security Essentials (Virus Protection)

Power Cables and VGA cables (To plug your computer in)

with

1Gb Memory and 60GB Hard Drives in every computer as our minimum specification. Whats more with a Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System we will not only install if for you but include a recovery partition should your computer ever start running slowly you can restore your computer back to how it left our facility. Every PC we ship as part of our bundles also come with Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your computer from viruses.

both from

http://encorepc.stonegroup.co.uk/index.php?route=common/home

I like the second one, unless it applies to all they sell, but it has a recovery partition which is equal to giving you a Windows disc valued at around £100.

You can always either add a second hard drive yourself, very easy, or clag in an external drive if you should need more storage.

seems it Coniff as left this of the first on

2Gb Memory and 80GB Hard Drives in every computer as our minimum specification. Whats more with a Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System we will not only install if for you but include a recovery partition should your computer ever start running slowly you can restore your computer back to how it left our facility. Every PC we ship as part of our bundles also come with Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your computer from viruses.

the £126 one has a year warranty, the £99 has a 90 day warranty

And SOGA gives it 6 years. Remember, ANY warranty is in ADDITION to your legal statutory rights under SOGA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

:) ty renegadeimp

just wanted to see if anyone thought they were good value with being refurbished and have to decide which one, no upgrade available for the £99, it is as advertised

can always add another 1gb yourself re the 99 one (2gb as a min is needed really imo), but, depending on which make/type 1 gb can cost around 15. can they not add another 1gb to it for say around a fiver?

not entirely clear whether a dedicated graphics card is included in either? seems like they are both onboard graphics? usually no probs with onboard re internet, streaming, basic gaming, office, etc. but, with onboard graphics, its usually better to have more ram (memory) as the onboard graphics chip also uses that.

MSEssentials is downloadable free anyway, and once installed replaces windows defender (so, looks like they'll be doing that for you).

presume the hard drives are SATA? not much real world difference cf. the older ATA interface re speed, but still prob better to have if possible.

Edited by Ford

IMO

That would be fine.... if it came down to it, you could put Ubuntu on it which is a lighter OS

Also go to http://www.crucial.com/uk/systemscanner/ when you get it and we'll see if any of us techies have some spare ram sticks for it :p

I saved a fortune using crucial over the past few years,recommend them Highly :sad:

been told XP is slow? had vista before, asked if have problems with it would he reburse money and he said yes within reason!

Support for XP ends next year April 2014,must admit it been the best OS I ever used :roll:

Vista was the worse OS they ever made.....

W7/W8 There all the same to me,expect for the torch screen thingy

One problem im having with W8 64 bits on my desktop at the moment is

"Failure configuring Windows updates"

I followed the instruction on how to fix this problem but still get Failure configuring Windows updates :-x

Yet the same updates installed OK one one of my laptops with W8 64bits...

I'm serious thinking of reinstalling W7 64bits back on my desktop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Graphics GFX Ports

VGA

= £126 oneGraphics Chipset

Standard Graphics Chipset

GFX Ports

VGA

= £99 ONE,

There is no drop down menu for this one to add anything where with the £126 there is,, prices start at £10 for upgrades

saw that. but it didn't seem clear whether they came with a graphics card with its own chip/memory that slots into a PCIe slot on the motherboard, or whether the graphics chip is integrated in the motherboard chipset (ie 'onboard'). am thinking is 'onboard' as they don't specify otherwise? onboard is ok depending on use, as mentioned (and can still use/add a graphics card even if the motherboard has an integrated graphics chip). if that all makes sense? :)

Edited by Ford

IMO

oh right, I am not sure tbh Ford, will have a read and see what it says

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]46605[/ATTACH]pencil.png

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46606[/ATTACH]

they did not come out right[ATTACH=CONFIG]46607[/ATTACH]

all can se is what I posted so not sure about the graphics, anything that works better then this laptop I am using will be great!

thinking maybe go with the £126 one and pay extra £10 for HD upgrade to 160GB, looked at new computers and not found one I can afford right now, just do not want to end up with a dud! lol and dell has not got a good name, will not have a zoostorm as had one before and was a pile of s**t