A new Member on the PPI trail!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forums.

I wanted to speak about my PPI claims that I currently have on going.

Between my wife and I we have found a total of 10 credit cards, a mortgage and a secured loan that all had PPI. We also found numerous cards that didn't.

We both fall into the 'stupid' category. For the life of me, I was totally unaware of the premiums I was paying. I understand when people question this, it is documented on the statements, but I never noticed it, even when I look back and see the amounts were sometimes as high as £50 per month.

In fact I was adamant I had never had one PPI policy - hence it took me 2 years of knowing about it before I checked old statements. You can only imagine my surprise that so many did indeed attract PPI.

I have already had a rejection from RBS credit card. However, upon checking my employment history, I had made a mistake and realised I was in fact in a temporary contract at the time I 'took out' the policy. I have returned this evidence to them and it kind of negates all the 'would have done at that time' arguments in their rejection letter.

This week HSBC have been in touch to clear up a few points. I await the rejection letter this week. I feel our case is week as, whilst we have evidence that we had PPI, we have no evidence of misselling.

As a civil servant I had absolutely no need for PPI. More than that, as a young (at the time) irresponsible borrower, the last thing i'd have cared about would have been how I would have paid the card back in the events PPI covered, I'd have been much more interested in keeping my monthly payments down. I was given ridiculous credit limits and prayed upon for PPI.

I have 3 MBNA cards and they have stalled so long I have 10 days to get a questionnaire in. I've decided not to rush it and have decided to fight their rejection letter based on their findings without my contribution.

I am staggered at the scandal, I feel so cheated. Worse, I think I am not going to get retribution and will pay for naivety and a lack of understanding.

I will post my findings as I go and happily take advice where offered. It is not my main motivation. I have searched the internet for others that have been in the same position as me and if anyone can learn from me, either way, then it will be an achievement.

I will take it as far as I can and am prepared to but I have no real belief that I will get anywhere because, as someone who works in the law, I am all too aware of the value of evidence and the lack of any sort of case without any.

Anyway, it should be an interesting couple of months!

All the best,

Alex

you can do nothing better than to read & read here.

as for the rejection letter

s

you will ALWAYS get those

as they think they can fob people off with silly twaddle.

if you were in the civil service

you had 6mts full + 6mts half sick pay AT LEASTand ofcourse super annuation too.

perfect reason to reclaim.

as for any deadline

there is no rush

gather as much evidence as you can by sar's to each creditor too

so you can get the statements & workout the PPI reclaim.

see below too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

PPI complaints are all dealt with in an individual basis. Which is lucky for you since, while we know Mis-selling was widespread, it would be difficult for a lot of people to believe that you really had ten credit cards with numerous different providers, never asked for PPI on any of them but never questioned it.

As regards the sick pay, it depends on whether your sale was an advised or a non advised one. On advised cases the bank are expected to take this into consideration. On non advised its your responsibility not theirs.

Don't lose sight of the fact that its all based around balance of probabilities. So make sure you have your story straight and can give a credible answer to any questions asked of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Whether its difficult for them to believe or not it is the reality. It was 10 cards between myself and my wife, i had no interest in her cards so I was responsible for not being aware of 5. I had more than 5 cards, so some had ppi, some didnt.