5:2 diets

yorkshirecagger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife and I have been doing this since October last year and we're both down around 2 stone each. We find it works really well as you lose the weight gradually and (mostly) consistently, rather than these crash diets where it all piles back on after a few weeks. My waist size is down by 4 inches and my body fat has dropped from 26% to 16% in this time and my BMI is now 22. Once you get over the first week or so it's really easy as you only have to watch your intake on two days a week. For me it was around 250 calories for breakfast, no lunch and 250-350 calories for tea. In between I drink tea (with skimmed milk, no sugar), no-added sugar squashes, Bovril or coffee. I've now got down to my target weight of 11 stone and have a bigger breakfast on fasting days but keep the rest the same to maintain the weight but also keep the low calorie benefits. I probably have about 800 calories on fasting days now.

OMWO

As far as diets go, it can't be simpler. On fasting days (two days a week, I use Monday and Thursday) you reduce your calorie intake to around 25% of the recommended amount (so down to 500 calories for a female, 600 for a male). The rest of the week just eat normally. Keep a check on your weight to see the difference. Don't give up on it, but once you reach your target weight you can increase the calorie intake a bit on fasting days or only fast on one day a week to maintain the weight without losing more. The great thing about it is that you don't have to buy in special foods, or miss out on bacon/cake/whatever because you can eat them on the normal days. I found that even on normal days I didn't eat quite as much because you start to feel fuller sooner. All you need are some body scales and some kitchen scales. Look at the calories on the packs/tins/bottles and work out how much you can have on fasting days. I have a smaller bowl of cereal with skimmed milk, a bit of smoothie and a sugar free drink for breakfast, no lunch and something like soup and Nimble bread or poached eggs on toast, salads, steamed fish with peas or something light like that for tea. In-between I have tea/coffee with no sugar and skimmed milk, no-added sugar squashes, hot Bovril, diet canned drinks, etc. Go for it - it does work and doesn't really cost anything to do!

OMWO - all 11st of me!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Anything where you have to buy something or pass money over is a rip off. Pills don't work and neither do the stupid videos and books. If they did, don't your think the NHS would be going down that route instead of doing expensive operations.

Eat healthy and eat small amounts regularly. Get off your arse and exercise for an hr a day.

Thats the best and surefire way to lose weight.

No pills. No gimmicks. Just common sense.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Be very careful of gyms. A lot of them lock you into a contract that automatically renews and want 3 months notice to quit and even when you abide by that they send you threats of debt collectors because you didn't sing the quit notice with a black pen or such stupid things.

Have a read of the gym section before joining up - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?260-Gyms-and-Health-Clubs

Start with a walk around the block and after a couple of weeks extend that to 2 blocks and a couple of press ups when you get home - you get the picture, it costs nothing.

I practice what i preach, although admittidly i have lapsed a lot this month due to a colossal amount of work; (work > personal life) . I started my diet and exercise regime in july and by September lost 2 stone. It isnt hard, and really there is absolutely no excuse.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

The thing with the 5:2 diet is there are no pills or other gimmicks to buy (except less food a couple of days a week) and exercise isn't an essential (although obviously it helps too). I've lost 26 pounds in six months and by increasing my intake from 600 to around 800 calories on the fasting days I've maintained the new weight without losing more for the last six months - I can't afford to keep buying new clothes as I've already come down from 36 to 34 and now 32" waist. I have never dieted before and found the 5:2 easy to do as there was no major lifestyle change and no real sacrifices as you can still have the stuff you like on non-fasting days. My BMI is down from almost 25 to 21. My wife has lost 28 pounds over the same 12 months and her BMI has dropped from over 30 to just over 25.

For exercise I do 100-120 press-ups daily plus run up and down 120 steps three to five times a week, so nothing outrageous.

OMWO.