Sanctions, do you lose HB too?

jadeybags
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother has been sanctioned, JSA, apparently he will only be getting £30 instead of the usual £130 (or however much it is) it seems he didn't apply for a job. I don't know much more than that at the moment.

Is there a risk of him losing housing benefit too? He went in the JC today & they gave him a right dressing down & told him he could lose ALL his benefits! He was in too much of a state to ask how long the sanction was for & about housing benefit.

I could see this coming, he was too excited about the work program, he's on the course all this week apparently. I think he thought it was going to be a magic bullet this work program..

:jadeybags:

Unacceptable scaremongering from the jobcentre adviser. :frown:

Your brother's housing benefit may be temporarily suspended if income flavoured jobseekers was the 'passport' to automatic entitlement but it won't be stopped. Eligibility for housing benefit is determined by low income from whatever source, including a job.

Your brother needs to ask his local authority for a nil income form. Or if they don't use them/he receives a reduced payment, declare a change of circs.

Margaret.

Bio - You are wrong, I think housing benefit will be 100% stopped if JSA is sanctioned !!!

No, it gets suspended, then you can re-apply and have it paid based upon 'nil income'

Ok, I found out a bit more, it wasn't an interview it was to do with applying for a job, on the Universal job search thing? The job didn't have an apply button at the bottom, they asked you to email them direct, which brother did, unfortunately the email he sent is only in sent mails (outlook express) on his laptop, & he doesn't have a printer. He couldn't access it at the job center/library (I forget where he tried now)

He went into JC yesterday & told them but they said he needs to send proof with an appeal form or something, he explained in the form but had do tick 'no proof provided' which is a shame because I doubt that will be any good.

Having never seen these sites or forms, maybe others will know more what I mean.

Apparently this was a job back in May too.

Jadey

If your brother applied via email direction on the UJM advert. I just note it on my job history log on UJM. Something along the lines of UJM;XXXXXX , Job Description, Town. Applied via email listed on job advert as directed by employer advertiser. I also go to the job advert and on the action drop down highlight already applied for this job. I side sweep all applications in to a JCP folder in my Hotmail so it's easier to locate to print or if push comes to shove I can take the advisor to their computer open up my Hotmail and they can see evidence. If for some reason there's no confirmation flag note it on the UJM history. It's always best to cover all angles.

Jadey

If your brother applied via email direction on the UJM advert. I just note it on my job history log on UJM. Something along the lines of UJM;XXXXXX , Job Description, Town. Applied via email listed on job advert as directed by employer advertiser. I also go to the job advert and on the action drop down highlight already applied for this job. I side sweep all applications in to a JCP folder in my Hotmail so it's easier to locate to print or if push comes to shove I can take the advisor to their computer open up my Hotmail and they can see evidence. If for some reason there's no confirmation flag note it on the UJM history. It's always best to cover all angles.

Thanks for that, I will let him know.

edit: you'd think they would tell him all this in the job center wouldn't you :roll:

Ok, I found out a bit more, it wasn't an interview it was to do with applying for a job, on the Universal job search thing? The job didn't have an apply button at the bottom, they asked you to email them direct, which brother did, unfortunately the email he sent is only in sent mails (outlook express) on his laptop, & he doesn't have a printer.

Can he forward it to you or someone else who can print it out for him ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

My tip is:

Either use Excel or draw one out...List all the sites to visit down the left hand side of the page side (highlight the mandated ones), then across the top the dates.

Also on the left hand side after listing the sites list the extra activities i.e spec letter, newspaper reads etc. That way each time you visit or carry out an activity it can be ticked on the day you do it. That way you can see what you have done and completed the mandated steps on the JSAag. Hope this makes sense