iidb stopped, jsa not updated

loltel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again

I have today got myself in such a state, i am going round and round in circles

Check bank this morning to find no industrial injuries benefit had been paid in, i rang them only to be told that it had run out on the 10th july and they had sent a file to atos for my reassessment medical on 16th may and the appointment is for 8th August.

I asked why i hadnt been informed it was running out and they said they had informed watford of the delays in medicals and that my JSA would be amended to stop iidb deduction.

IIDB say they cant reinstate until after the medical.

I received my normal jSA yesterday of 43.30 so i went to JCP who gave me a form A10 statement to fill out and they would send on to watford.

I spoke to watford who new nothing of the delays and said they will look at the form when it arrives, i asked how long it will take, they said it should be worked out after my next sign on date which is the 27th july.

I am so upset and confused where its gone wrong, i just cannot cope on 21.70 a week for the next month.

Has anyone any advice please.

I was left partially sighted following an accident at work last year hence the IIDB, and this amount is deducted from my JSA.

If you are claiming Income based JSA with the IIDB being deducted as being in receipt of other income, why are you bothering? Surely it would be much simpler to just claim JSA and receive it in full without any deductions?

You would be no worse off or better off.

Just can't quite understand why someone would want to go through the ATOS system for no extra income.

Thanks for your reply

I really am unsure how this happened but after the accident, the riddor reports etc were submitted and because at the time i had very little sight, i was given a case worker to deal with formalities of the mess i was in, at first i wasnt given jsa because "I left the job" and the IIDB process was started, then i had a letter about the JSA claim from the time we applied at first and they said it had been agreed i could claim - i know its all very complicated but the barrister dealing with my court case advised to continue with IIDB as the medical records would be of help.

Do you have any ideas how i can get it done any quicker.

P.S I have had 3 medicals for IIDB with atos and have never had any problems, they go over my hospital and consultant findings and that is all, no dodgy questions and no invasive medical, all they do is shine a light into my eyes to check for responses and off i go

If you are claiming Income based JSA with the IIDB being deducted as being in receipt of other income, why are you bothering? Surely it would be much simpler to just claim JSA and receive it in full without any deductions?

You would be no worse off or better off.

Just can't quite understand why someone would want to go through the ATOS system for no extra income.

Hello tokenfield and welcome to CAG, I see you arrived yesterday.

Might I ask please how you view the system for claiming more benefit, because what you're saying is beyond me. That could be my understanding though. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello tokenfield and welcome to CAG, I see you arrived yesterday.

Might I ask please how you view the system for claiming more benefit, because what you're saying is beyond me. That could be my understanding though. :)

My best, HB

I was just trying to get my head round the fact that the OP would be no better off or worse off by closing down the IIDB claim and having all of his income come via JSA.

As it is now, he has part coming from the IIDB claim and the rest made up by JSA to the same total figure that JSA would pay if that was the only claim being made.

Why go through the ATOS system when there is no need to.

P.S I have had 3 medicals for IIDB with atos and have never had any problems, they go over my hospital and consultant findings and that is all, no dodgy questions and no invasive medical, all they do is shine a light into my eyes to check for responses and off i go

That sounds a doddle compared to what most IIDB claimants have to go through. They normally re-assess every 2/3 years and from the cases that I have seen it is very rare that the ATOS doctor has a clue what they are doing. It is a regular thing that most people that I have come across always have a failure, then appeal, then are told that the DWP still stand by their initial decision, then off it goes to a Tribunal, you put forward your evidence which generally blows ATOS out of the water and you are awarded it for another 2/3 years.

I remember seeing one ATOS report that from it the doctor had no knowledge of mental illness or even the drugs that are prescribed for a mental illness.

One described that Lithium Carbonate was never used as a psychiatric medicine, so consequently nothing was wrong with the guy. Even I know that not to be true - it is one of the most commonly used medicines. The poor guy had spent the best part of the previous 7 weeks under section in a secure lockup!