Scottish Power DD increase, now I annoyed them

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread is to keep everyone up to date with my little tussle with Scottish Power.

A couple of months ago SP wanted to up our DD by nearly half as much again saying that they predicted we would be using more energy soon,

at the time we were in credit with them so I emailed them saying i wasn't happy with the increase,

inevitably they responded saying the increase would go ahead,

I cancelled the DD and have been paying by Debit Card since, and yes, we are still in credit.

As a result they cancelled the plan we were on and put us onto the standard plan, a further email to them saying I wanted the original plan put back in place,

their response was as follows:

Your previous service package was Online Fixed Price Energy May 2014 which was changed to Standard following the cancellation of the Direct Debit payment plan.

We offer the service package with the monthly Direct Debit payment plan.

Now, the advisor that sent this email obviously isn't aware of their own T&C's as in

the Terms it states quite clearly payment can be made by DD or Debit Card.

So yet another email sent to SP ( and the SP Rep on here) this time stating that I want the original payment plan putting back in place.

This is no doubt going to build into yet another disatissfied customer thread,

you'd think that with this virtually doubling profit,

what is it £700,000,000+ now, they would have better customer service

You might also want to make a complaint to the Energy regulator.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This will be forthcoming, especially as they have now billed us for the standard rate usage and also a standing charge so effectively adding a couple of pound to our bill.

if their original t's n c's show payment by debit card they haven't got a leg to stand on. Will be interesting how this one pans out. i would suggest a complaint to the OFT as they are in breach of their own contract.

sytra have you had an e-mail back from us about this yet? it should be fairly straightforward to resolve. Agreed T & Cs are based on the payment method when you take the tariff, so if you agree Direct Debit at the beginning, then cancel it, we will take you off the tariff. If you pay by Debit card from the beginning, that's different. I'm happy to pick up your e-mail.

David

No, no email yet!

Where does it state this in the terms?

Scottish Power were advised by email in May i think it was, that i would be paying by debit card.

So yes it can be easily resolved, put us back onto the plan i was on, credit my account with the standing charge and standard rate charges that i have been charged from the beginning of July.

regards

Edited by sytra