wonga 'debt' passed to Portfolio - **WON CRA FILE CLEARED TOO**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a loan with Wonga,

which as far as I am concerned,it is paid off.I

have the receipts of payments made.

But last November,I made my payment into Wonga's HSBC account,

only to find out at a later date,

they had changed to Barclays.

After numerous emails to them (not replied to) and phone calls,

they could not find the payment.

So I sent them the computer print out of the transaction in the beginning of May,

which HSBC gave me.

My last payment to them was in February.

I have just checked my Wonga account out of curiosity,to find this ........

IMPORTANT: YOUR DEBT HAS BEEN LEGALLY ASSIGNED TO PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOCIATES U.K. LTD

Then,

there was something about payments to be made to this company and a letter will be sent to me.

Do I email or phone Wonga,

or do I wait until Portfolio contact me,

then send them the computer print out.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

Sounds like it has been passed for them to collect, but isnt owned by Portfolio. You should maybe send a Subject Access Request. to Wonga, and also a letter by recorded delivery to Wonga , and place your account in dispute with them .....and then inform Portfolio that you're account has been disputed and portfolio will back off.

Keep fighting with wonga by emails and letters...keep record of everything you send, receive...any postal stuff goes via recorded delivery, keep all receipts.

Push comes to shove, if it ever went to court you can prove theres no debt and you have tried to contact them and sort it out but there are not doing so...and will be lughed out of court...possible chance for financial redress for your trouble. also, try tomas.keating @ wonga . com/

DO NOT call them, or answer their calls unless you can fully record the whole.

Wait for something solid to be sent to you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the replies.

I have touched this topic in an earlier thread.

My last communication with Wonga was in the beginning of May,

this is when I sent them a photostat copy of the bank transaction (computer printout which HSBC gave me)

.Also I sent them a photostat copy of the whole paying in slip,

which again HSBC gave me.

The reply that I got from Wonga,was from their Canadian office roughly 4 weeks later,

saying that they could not find my account and could I send further details.

So,after having my account number and my address,

they could not find my account,what other details do they want.

I think that it is totally unacceptable that they have not contacted me,

just to leave me to look at my account to find that it has been passed to a DCA.

Several months ago,

they left another message on my account,

that was to inform me that they would give me discount if I paid up.

Personally,

I feel sorry for the DCA,

as they are being used as a scapegoat to cover up for Wonga's gross incompetence.

HSBC told me that all Wonga had to do,

was to match the transaction number and there was my payment.

Something a 5 year old child could do,

maybe that is the answer.

Wonga employs staff with an intelligence level of that below a 5 year old child.

If this does go to court,

would the court accept a copy of the paying in slips etc.

The reason I ask,

is because my paying in slips etc are in my email account.

I took photos of them for safe keeping,

then used them as attachments.

But I do have a copies of the of the details that HSBC gave me.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

Just a quick update.

Yesterday morning (Monday) in the space of roughly 3 hours,I sent the following email 14 times to Wonga.

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am completely disgusted to find that you have passed my account to a DCA.I have only found this out by looking at my account.Could you not have had the decency to send me an email.Are you using a DCA as a scapegoat to cover up your gross incompetence.

I sent you on the 3rd May,an email attachment of the paying in slip and a computer printout of the transaction.This relates to my so called missing payment of November last year.It was 4 weeks later that I got a reply and that was from your Canadian office,who wanted further details of my account.So,after providing my name,account number and address,you still want further details,such as ?.

Even a 5 year child should be able to match the transaction details.Or do you employ staff with a level of intelligence of that of below a 5 year old child.

Here are the details of the November transaction again,which HSBC have kindly supplied me with.

Also enclosed with the emails were attachments of the transaction details that HSBC gave,as I have mentioned in an earlier post.

It must have done something,as today,I received the following email from Wonga.

Dear John,

Thank you for your email.

We have noted the contents and we can confirm our Escalations Team is currently investigating this matter. We will get back to you shortly with a final response or an update regarding this case.

In the meantime, if you wish to speak with us directly regarding this case, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team on 0844 842 9109.

Thank you for working with us.

Kind regards,

Escalations Team

Wonga.com

So,something must be happening.But on the other hand,the last time that I was told the escalation team were going to contact me,they sent me a survey to fill in,regarding the efficiency of the team.Of course it went unanswered.

Regards,John.

Further updates to this saga.

Received on Friday(12/07/13) two letters both dated 09/07/13.One was from Wonga,to inform me that the case had been assigned to Portfolio Recovery Associates.The other letter was from Portfolio,which was a letter of assignment.Both letters had the assignment date of 26/06/13.

I have sent an email to Portfolio explaining the situation,a copy of which is below.(attachments removed)

Dear Sir/Madam.

With reference to your letter that I have just received,regarding my so called non payment to Wonga.

Let me make one thing clear right from the start,your company is being used by Wonga as a scapegoat to cover up their gross incompetence.I have provided them with the relevant details of the payment,namely,a photostat copy of the paying in slip and a computer printout of the transaction.These were provided by HSBC,who could find the details of the transaction within one minute.But Wonga,cannot find it after 8 months.

Wonga may have told you that the case has been assigned to you,but they are still in contact with me.Their latest email to me was dated 9th July,a copy of which is below.

You will also find below,2 attachments,one is the paying in slip,the other is the computer printout.

Dear John,

We have noted the contents and we can confirm our Escalations Team is currently investigating this matter. We will get back to you shortly with a final response or an update regarding this case.

In the meantime, if you wish to speak with us directly regarding this case, please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team on 0844 842 9109.

Thank you for working with us.

Kind regards,

Escalations Team

Wonga.com

This afternoon,I have received another email from Wonga,which is below.This one tells me that Mackenzie Hall were assigned the debt on 25/06/13.

Thanks for contacting us regarding your account. Your account was legally assigned to Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Limited on 25th June 2013, and we’re unable to assist you further with this agreement. To discuss your account, please contact Mackenzie Hall using the details below.

Telephone number: 0844 801 9585

Postal address: Unit 58 Portland Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 1JG.

To make any payments towards the account, please visit http://www.mackenziehall.co.uk/wonga/ and follow the instructions.

Kind regards,

Customer Care

Wonga.com

After checking on the Mac Hall site as shown in the email,it gives an assignment date of 06/07/13.

Wonga.com have now legally assigned your account to Mackenzie Hall Debt Purchase Limited as of 6th July 2012.

In order to avoid further action, payment can be made by one of the below options-

By post: Unit 58 Portland Street, KILMARNOCK, KA1 1JG

By phone on: 0844 801 9585

If you know your Mackenzie Hall reference number.....

So,I am now open for any suggestions,as Wonga has passed the buck.I have been given two assignment dates and two owners of the non existent debt.I have found out that Portfolio and Mac Hall both share the same address.But are they the same company.

Do I keep pestering Wonga,or do I now start with Mac Hall.Or maybe go back to HSBC to see if they can sort it out.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

If you dont owe anything and you have proof it was fully paid, simply tell them that you do not acknowledge any debt and indeed welcome any court action as you have full proof that you paid.

With mucky hall, they are easily gotten rid of. Tell them that they have a non existant debt and give them 5 working days to reply. If they still harass or refuse to stop chasing, get in touch with their local trading standards office.

If you did pay the debt, then you need to be pressuring wonga AND getting formal complaints going with the OFT and FOS. As you said, other companies are being used as a scapegoat and you need to keep the pressure on them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Rene.

I have proof that payment was made,it is their error that it has not been found.

I am keeping things in a polite manner at the moment,but that can change,

Regards,John.

Get those formal complaints going and if the DCA's try to pester you, simply send the same letter you sent originally. If they still pester you, then it's FOS and TS time.

Just sent Wonga an email today.I doubt if they will reply.

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for your so called informative email,concerning the investigation that you were supposed to be doing to find my missing payment from November 2012.

It is now quite obvious that you have no intention of looking for this payment,or maybe you are incapable of doing so.You are quite happy to pass it to a DCA,who you are using as a scapegoat to cover up for your gross incompetence.I have sent the DCA an email explaining the situation,a copy of which is below.They have also received my proof of payment.

Can you please explain how HSBC can find the payment within one minute,but your company cannot find it after 8 months.

You are not looking for a payment of £39.95,you are looking for a payment of £40.00.

You now leave me with no alternative but to contact the FOS and trading standards.

Email to Mackenzie Hall.

Dear Sir/Madam.

With reference to your letter that I have just received,regarding my so called non payment to Wonga.

Let me make one thing clear right from the start,your company is being used by Wonga as a scapegoat to cover up their gross incompetence.I have provided them with the relevant details of the payment,namely,a photostat copy of the paying in slip and a computer printout of the transaction.These were provided by HSBC,who could find the details of the transaction within one minute.But Wonga,cannot find it after 8 months.

Wonga may have told you that the case has been assigned to you,but they are still in contact with me.Their latest email to me was dated 9th July,a copy of which is below.

You will also find below,2 attachments,one is the paying in slip,the other is the computer printout.

I have also resent Mac.Hall the email that I sent them yesterday.

Regards,John.

Just received a couple of emails today,the first was from MacHall,the second was from Wonga.Both can be read below.

End result,SUCCESS.

FROM MacHall.

I can confirm that your account has been place on hold and once we have received a response from our client we will contact you via email.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to respond by email. Alternatively please telephone our offices on 01563 503862 where an advisor will be able to assist you.

Yours sincerely

Heather Alexander

FROM WONGA.

Hi,

We’re really sorry you feel we’ve not lived up to your expectations. We set ourselves extremely high standards and we’re disappointed you’re not happy with the service you’ve received.

We have investigated your account and we can advise you that we have since credited your account to the amount of £40.00, to reflect the missing payment.

We are also contacting the Debt Collection Agency involved to recall the sold debt immediately in order to resolve this matter in full.

Once we have the debt back it will be cleared against the allocated payment and we will contact the credit reference agencies immediately to update your account.

Sorry for the rare lapse in reliability. We hope that you will find the points above as a fair resolution to your complaint.

We sincerely hope we can restore your faith in us without the need for formal process.

For your information please find a copy of our complaints procedure attached. Please be aware your feedback has already been noted.

To speak to our friendly customer care team, please call 0207 138 8330 anytime, 24/7/365.

Best wishes,

Customer care

Wonga.com

I have sent an email to MacHall to confirm receipt of their email.I have also sent an email to Wonga,which is below.

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for your email regarding my lost payment.

Can you please confirm that you have found the payment and it is not a gesture of goodwill on your behalf.

Could you also please confirm that the account is now closed and all payments have been made.

I have sent a copy of your email to the DCA.

Regards,John.

Good result john. Keep hold of it.

With regard to their comment,"without the need for formal process".Maybe they were concerned that the FOS and TS were going to get involved.It has taken them since November to find the payment.In fact,I think that I have slightly overpaid them.I wonder if they would like to reimburse me at over 5000% interest.

By reading the emails from MacHall,they are saying that they are acting for their client.But Wonga has said that it was sold to MacHall.

Regards,John.

Mucky hall love to lie when they know they are wrong. I would still inform the regulators if I were you

It seems that Wonga are trying to be very helpful,as I received the following email from them last night.Their previous email implied that the problem was sorted out,I think that I will leave it like that for the moment.

When is the 12 weeks deadline is up,the one where PDL companies have to clean their act up.(if at all possible)

Hi,

Thanks for your email.

We’re keen to look into this matter for you. Please respond to this email with your phone number so our complaints team can call to discuss it further.

We look forward to hearing from you and getting this matter resolved asap.

Best wishes,

Customer Care

0800 316 6745

Wonga.com

Regards,John.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to this case.I have heard nothing more from Wonga or M.Hall.But on checking with Noddle,I have noticed that all record of my loan with Wonga has vanished.Wonga is not mentioned at all,the arrangement to pay markers,everything,just vanished.

So,there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Regards,John.

well done magic

thread title changed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good job :)

Hope you still filed those complaints though ;)

I like to update my results,as I am sick of seeing threads left open without any end result.People (forum members) spend time in trying to sort peoples problems out,then they are in a state of limbo,as no outcome is given.I believe that if one has started a thread,it is only good manners to give the results.As this can be of benefit to other readers.

Getting back to Wonga,in my earlier post,I said that all record of Wonda had vanished.This is not quite true,as I have found on Noddle,a search done by Wonga for a Credit Application.

But what I have found that I will have to sort out,are the markers left by Toothfairy.I cancelled the loan after 2 days,repaid them with 2 days interest.All this was allowed in their T/C's,but it turned out to be a farce.This is what is showing on Noddle.

Mar - Apr - May - Jun

UC -- UC --- 1 ---UC

UC -- UC -- AA -- PS

Balance history

Mar - Apr - May - Jun

501 - 289 - 851 - 0

They have me as being 1 month late in payment and also a partial settlement.But the partial settlement can mean various things according to Noddle,file not updated,dispute,etc.

In the old accounts,it is marked as settled.But I think that I should sort it out.

As yet,I have not compiled a letter to the authorities regarding Wonga's behaviour,I will do it eventually.

Regards,John.

Edited by JOHNINYORK

• 10 months later...
I had a loan with Wonga,

which as far as I am concerned,it is paid off.

I too have problems with Wonga selling a cleared debt from May 2011 to these **** bags.

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman, and they have helped me a great deal to get Wonga to admit that they made an error in selling my debt to PRA!

You need to email this lady at the Financial Ombudsman. Callaghan, Rachel"

Hope that helpd? :-)

thread is almost 1yrs old

closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks