Scottishpower DD adjustment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ScottishPower DD Adjustment

Hello all, i was wondering if someone could give me some advice before i approach scottish power with the issue.

I have been with scottish power for a few years now,

and recently moved house on the 3 february,

the property was with e.on and we took scottish power with us,

when i called to transfer my account i told the women that i couldn't afford anything above a £65 DD a month

and she assured me that in the last two years my dual fuel consumption worked out at £55 a month when broken down throughout the year,

and she also said that as we were moving from a house to a flat then the monthly price would definitely not go anywhere above that figure,

my direct debit was worked out at £51 per month and she again assured me that as the usage goes up at winter

and drops in summer then there would be no need for it to be increased as it evens out throughout the year.

so after submitting meter readings i get this email...

"Your monthly payment

Your new monthly payment is £86.00.

We'll start to collect this by Direct Debit from 01 August 2013 and on the same date every month after that unless we notify you otherwise.

There's no need for you to take any action, but if you have any questions about your payment amount, you should contact us at least five working days before it's due."

also as the account was switched from e.on to scottish power the energy calculation is for a few weeks more than a standard quarter

and the electricity and the gas was switched at different times, so im confused as to how the can calculate such an increase.

I will contact scottish power for a break down and see what exactly is going on but if someone could give me some advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Tenant87

we have SP onboard here

I will alert them for you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh i should say that now we put a reading in each week and pay litteraly what we have used by Debit Card each month, so far have not had to pay more than we were paying by DD so how they can justify an increase is beyond me, this way they cannot stockpile the cash themselves to further boost their sky high profits!

Hello I have sent my email as requested and haven't any reply or acknowledgement from Scottish power? Is there anything that can be done?

Tenant87

Hi Tenant87,

Hopefully the Scottish Power Rep will pick this up today, I've sent them a pm.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert