Amazon gives UK customers free MP3 download

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Amazon gives UK customers free MP3 download of any CD bought from retailer since 1999 via AutoRip

Customers who have bought an album from Amazon will be able to download an MP3 file of the record for free.

The newly launched AutoRip music service will enable customers to stream or download MP3 files from CDs, vinyls or cassettes bought since 1999.

Amazon has struck deals with major and independent music labels to make more than 350,000 albums available through the service.

From today, any new purchase will automatically be added to customers’ Amazon Cloud Player - where they can download it for free.

The music can be downloaded as 256Kbps MP3 files, or streamed from Amazon’s servers to computers, smartphones and tablets, including iOS and Android devices as well as Amazon’s Kindle Fire tablets.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/amazon-gives-uk-customers-free-mp3-download-of-any-cd-bought-from-retailer-since-1999-via-autorip-8676293.html

This free service is kindly offered by the British taxpayer, as they have underpaid corporation tax for years.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

• 1 month later...

I think "can now download an MP3" is somewhat missing the point of this. Anyone who has bought a CD can create their own MP3s from it in a few minutes, so that would be pretty pointless.

The key thing about this is that your CD collection now resides in the Amazon "cloud", so you can play any track from any of your CDs by streaming it to a smartphone or tablet using the Amazon MP3 app, rather than downloading the MP3 or filling up your device with bulky music files.

nm i run my own cloud

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I hate that word. People just need to start using the word "server". Not the latest apple or marketing soundbite.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This free service is kindly offered by the British taxpayer, as they have underpaid corporation tax for years.

Plus they treat there staff like Crap

http://www.channel4.com/news/anger-at-amazon-working-conditions

http://www.channel4.com/news/government-to-include-amazon-in-its-zero-hours-probe-video

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...