ADDABET vs GOLDFISH

ADDABET
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi addabet if this post is in relation to your whats goldfish's address question you should really keep posting in that thread and not start a new one. If i were you PM a Moderator to merge your posts;)

AL

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

• 2 weeks later...

Right received statements and going through i see a variable charge called 'product type used for payment protection plans' is this claimable:confused: as i hear alot of talk on other threads about a 'PPI' charge but not sure whether my charge is the same or not.

Sorry ignore this thread as meant to be put in my GE Money claim thread;)

I had to remind goldfish ,got statements yesterday, slightly over 40 days.

2or 3 statements missing fortunately ones I had :)

Sending template letter today asking for money back

:grin:amount WON so far £15,021.27(12 claims):D

Right, have received statements from Goldfish and apart from the standard dribble and offering to credit my account with £120.00:mad: i see a charge called 'Goldfish Payment Protection' of varying amounts on my statements, has anyone claimed or is anyone claiming for this charge:confused: ???

Thing is i don't recall signing up for this cover and from what i've read in other threads its comes automatically when you sign your original contract/agreement unless you tick a small box in the small print saying you don't require it (is this fair ???):mad:

Over a period of 28 months its cost me £743.00 !!!:o

• 2 weeks later...

After receiving a measley offer of £120.00:evil: and tabulating all my charges including the 'Payment Protection' charges, iv'e sent a request for repayment of charges for a total of £1182.32:D .......................the 14 day wait till LBA begins..............:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update,

Just received a increased offer from Goldfish for £300.00:D , bearing in mind my total claim is for £1182.032 which is made up of £292.00 in late payment charges and £743.00 in payment protection charges, not sure whether to take the offer or push for the whole lot bearing in mind that the PPI claims in other threads don't seem to be very fruitful from what i can gleen.........................:confused:

Angry Cat,

The reason i'm considering accepting £300.00 is that i can't see anywhere where anyone has incorporated payment protection charges into there claim and been successful in getting all back:confused: ................................but i stand to be corrected.;)

Hi ADDABET

I presume that your account with Goldfish is for a credit card, as opposed to a loan?

When Goldfish sent your SAR documents, they should have enclosed a copy of your original Signed Application Form. Check the Application Form to ascertain whether you ticked a box, or signed a secondary section on the AF

agreeing to take advantage of the Goldfish PPI/PPC.

If you did not tick or sign the additional box, then you should proceed with your claim.

Please be aware that I have not legal expertise, the above is simply what I would do - JMHO

Love

AC

Yes AC the account with Goldfish is for a credit card, when they sent me my statements they never enclosed a copy of my signed original application form( i didn't actually request it).

So should i request it now ???

Or do i carry on regardless as to whether i signed/ticked for the PPI or not ???

Decisions decisions..................................

If you had made your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) correctly, then you should have been provided with a copy of the Original 'Signed' Agreement, which in the case of a credit card is the Application Forn that you signed.

If I were you, then I would proceed with the Claim. However, in the meantime you must ascertain, as to whether you actually agreed to the PPI.

Your evidence lies upon the original Signed Application Form, that is, if Goldfish actually have it?

The following wording will help you make your request but you must include the statutory £1 fee.

REQUEST UNDER THE cONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

1. Please supply me with a true copy of the signed credit card agreement between Myself and Goldfish/Morgan Stanley Bank. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1).

I enclose the statutory £1 fee.

You may wish to search under - Loan company didn't supply original agreement!

Good Luck

AC

Quick uodate,

Have sent a request to Goldfish for a 'true copy of the signed credit card agreement' between me and Goldfish. Understand i have 12 working days in which they have to reply before proceeding to next stage.

Just not sure wether to carry on with the original claim in the meantime :rolleyes: ???

P.S. Thanks Angry Cat for the heads up !!!:D

Hello Addabet.

I hope you do not mind me crashing your thread. How long did Goldfish actually take to send your statements? Did they keep to their deadline and did they acknowledge this by letter before you received the statements?

I have had acknowledgement by letter 7th Nov with a deadline stated, next Tue 12th Dec. However I received a monthly statement today dated 5th December showing £10 credit, I presume the cheque I sent with the S.A.R, as my account was paid of and closed in Jan this year and I never had no more statements after.

Did the £10 fee appear on your new statement?

Any help would be appreciated.

Good luck with your claim!

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Millymollymoo,

I requested my statements on the 19/10/06, got a correspondence on 25/10/06( this when they applied £10.00 fee to my account) saying i'd get my statements by 01/12/06 but actually received them on 31/10/06 so pretty quick to be honest................:o

Hope this helps:D

Not me unfortunately:( Apparently after speaking to them today, that the guy whose dealing with mine will not be in till tomorrow and he will ring then, my deadline date. I told them that if he does not ring I am sticking to my deadlines and will proceed with non compliance as they have had adequate time to deal with this and that they confirmed by letter the dat of 12th December. She was very understanding and said he certainly would phone tomorrow and he still was dealing with my request, however was waiting for my statements himself.

What do you think?

He did ring and said that the old statements were in another department and he promised I would receive all by Friday. He also apologised for inputting the incorrect deadline date it should of been the 17th:( . Oh well its more interest for me!:D

Quick update,

The deadline for MCOL is today:D but the 12 working day deadline from when i sent my request for a true copy of my signed credit card agreement is on monday, think i'll wait till then before i start the next course of of action..................:???:

Quick update,

Just phoned Goldfish to find out what there up to and the chap on the phone sounded very flustered:D .

He said they had upped there offer to £385.00 and had been sent in the post (no sign of it as yet):confused: , i pushed on the situation with regard to my request for a true copy of my signed credit card agreement and he said that a request for it had been made to the archive department, i then reminded him that it had been 14 days from original request and that they had 16 days left before the debt was unforceable, a deadly silence then ascended....................;)