MOTORMILE FINANCE LTD - Your Help Needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reply off the FCA

Thank you for your email dated 29 October 2013, in which you have made reference to a complaint you have against a company named Motormile Finance. Further to this, you have requested that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) makes an investigation into this.

It is worth noting that we do not regulate all aspects of financial services, and more notably in this instance, we do not regulate consumer credit products or entities such as debt collection agencies. They are regulated by the Office of Fair Trading (OFT), who primarily ensure that companies are fit to hold licenses. As we do not regulate debt collection agencies, I would be unable to comment on your case specifically. However, I believe it may be of use for you to contact the OFT on the matter, via Advice Guide. This service can provide useful information on not just debt collection but a range of subjects. You can telephone its helpline on 08454 040506.

However, you may wish to know that we published a Press Release on 6 March 2013. This release outlines that the FCA will be assuming the responsibility of regulating consumer credit by 1 April 2014, which means correspondence of this nature should then be sent to us for our consideration. I have attached a link to the internet, and the press release in question, in the event you may find it useful:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/library/communication/pr/2013/021.shtml

I hope this email has been of use to you, and clarified your next steps, should you decide to take them.

Thank you again for your email.

Yours sincerely

Bradley Green (Mr)

Customer Contact Centre

Financial Conduct Authority

PPI SUCCESS

2011- Lloyds TSB £3874

2011 - Loans.co.uk (GE Finance) £1504.77

2017 - Moneyshop - £977

2018 - Aquacard £1327

2019 - Citicard - £1071.31

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent copies of complaints to both regulators so that they remain on file until the responsibility changes completely in April next year.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - This company after being blocked on my telephone, called my parents telephone number, left a message stating they were bailiffs and had attempted entry to their house and will call again - bunch of dishonest cretins - no-one had been to the house at all - message was left by a Mike on the 01138 876876 number.

As ive said before, the only way to get them to stop is by getting those formal complaitns off and have a few people start formal legal action against them for harassment. So long as you have proof of their activities towards you, it would be easy to find a pro bono lawyer to represent you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

As I have always said, complain complain complain and make it official. Don't just be fobbed off with them but escalate it to Fos, Csa and log a complaint with OFT. If you have time and energy call the CAB consumer helpline as well and log a complaint there.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Every debt collector they have must be called Mike. Either that or it's just one mike running the whole show. Either way he get's round a bit.

Stand your ground, complain, don't let them bully you. I am still waiting for them to reply to my complaint I made nearly 5 weeks ago now. In my view they're just a bunch of chancers.

• 5 weeks later...

i made a complaint to the OFT on monday by email attaching their most recent email to me about mike calling for a cuppa unanounced. i have sent every letter to them but they still harrass so i had enough i have today recieved an official reply by email from the oft. it was a letter as an attachment and they have logged my complaint and have said they may contact me in future should they take action. reading between the lines and the swift reply i feel they may just be going to look into these idiots and about time too hope it gets shut down!

Sadly I think you have read too much into that letter as it seems pretty standard and I have never been contacted. However I do hope you are correct. Let them burn in hell!

yes it is the standard response sadly, still it never does any harm to complain.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 5 months later...

If you know your legal stuff send em a letter by recorded and read them the riot act. They dropped me like a hot stone after that :D

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Hi Brig. I started receiving emails form this crowd a couple of weeks ago. They were sent to an email address I don't use very often & were automatically placed in my spam mailbox. 1st 2 were asking me to contact them & quote a reference no. Subsequent messages indicated that the matter referred to Pounds Til Payday & gave an amount. I think these might breach Data protection rules. They have indicated that they intend a doorstep visit. I am aware of the rules regarding these but it'll be interesting to see what happens as I have recently moved house. I have not replied to any of the emails from ascent. Are they a real person?

would appreciate your comments

Thanks

Hi Grumpy

They do indeed breach data protection but also the guidelines of their association credit services association . If you write to them outlining the issues they will try and fob you off .

I believe that ascent is just their admin email

Two of the directors are neil@mmile.com and barnaby@mmile.com . Just beware that they can and do sometimes take court action and it would be permitted to serve this on the last address they have on file. You would possibly be able to get it set aside but easier if you don't have to.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi Brig. I started receiving emails form this crowd a couple of weeks ago. They were sent to an email address I don't use very often & were automatically placed in my spam mailbox. 1st 2 were asking me to contact them & quote a reference no. Subsequent messages indicated that the matter referred to Pounds Til Payday & gave an amount. I think these might breach Data protection rules. They have indicated that they intend a doorstep visit. I am aware of the rules regarding these but it'll be interesting to see what happens as I have recently moved house. I have not replied to any of the emails from ascent. Are they a real person?

would appreciate your comments

Thanks

Hi grumpy.

MMF have a quite large portfolio of PDLS they are chasing now, the threatening and rather delusional method od debt collection, door step visits, the debtors (alleged) wish on contact do not apply to MMMF, they will place a default on CRA files (usually done by the OC), a joke most certainly, abuse of systems and guidance to an extent that they look foolish Ohhhhh YES!

Any breaches report to the FCA in brief as a concern regarding MMFs fitness to hold a CCL, they are on temporary provisions at the moment.

Complain, then complain again.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

I am willing to help along with all emails received from them including the mysterious first one liner email with a reference number requesting me to call. Had no idea what anybody was talking about. Identified the original lender who thought that they had sold the debt to Mercantile Solutions.

I am willing to help along with all emails received from them including the mysterious first one liner email with a reference number requesting me to call. Had no idea what anybody was talking about. Identified the original lender who thought that they had sold the debt to Mercantile Solutions.

I will pass this on to the site team, thanks for responding!!

Individuals who wish to lodge a complaint should free to do so.

CAG is not involved in any mass complaint but would encourage and help any member who wishes to lodge their own complaint.

Please seek help on your own threads.

This being the case this thread is now closed.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks