National hunter records

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Status clear = no negative data held, will be held in accordance with the Limitations Act 1980 and the Data Protection Act 1998.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Cheers!

Does that mean 6 years?

Anyone have any experience of having incorrect records removed?

This organisation is rather secretive, if you have a problem with data they are displaying write to the Data Controller.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Cheers Brig.

I've written to the member that has recorded the incorrect information and to N Hunter. Will see what happens. Will report back with responses. I posted them yesterday by recorded delivery so will keep you posted .

I've used a softly softly approach as I think a genuine error has been made but am prepared to ramp up to demanding them to prove in court that fraud has been committed or delete the info.

In fact they've just been delivered. I guess I'll give them 14 days to reply, before giving a stern reminder, then consider ramping up if and when they fail to make good their mistakes.

Yes that is the right approach.

• Confused 1

Helpful as ever, Brig.

Keep me posted please, as I use the agency professionally I would be most interested in the results.

Yep will do. There is very little on the internet, or anywhere in fact, that I can find about them.

I can't really fathom how it works:

Obviously with CIFAS, if there's an application fraud marker, you're more or less guaranteed to be rejected because it's taken that you have a confirmed history of fraud.

With N Hunter, it seems you can have an application flagged as 'inconsistency', then subsequently have one recorded as 'clear'. Does this 'inconsistency' status show up to the subsequent application processor?

If the system only flags up each application and assesses it as inconsistent or not, great. If it then reports inconsistent records to each new application, I'm not so sure about that being beneficial to anyone!

All major credit providers submit applications to NH these are archived and if further apps are made they are compared for inconsistencies in the data, such as residential status, income and employment.

It works particularly well and weeds out those individuals who are 'credit hungry' and make multiple application using variations on the personal data, eg change of title, age etc.

Yeah, I think I'll be fine. Basically, from what I can make out, I changed one bank address to a student address for about 6 months just to make getting a new card and chequebook easier. Then I opened a second account at the new address. That then flagged up as an undisclosed address when I applied using my fixed address as my only address so I got an inconsistency status. I'm hoping a polite clarification with my original bank and the bank with whom I made the second application, plus N Hunter will clear up the inconsistencies.

I'll let you know how it goes on and post up the letters I've sent and any replies if necessary.

Yeah, I think I'll be fine. Basically, from what I can make out, I changed one bank address to a student address for about 6 months just to make getting a new card and chequebook easier. Then I opened a second account at the new address. That then flagged up as an undisclosed address when I applied using my fixed address as my only address so I got an inconsistency status. I'm hoping a polite clarification with my original bank and the bank with whom I made the second application, plus N Hunter will clear up the inconsistencies.

I'll let you know how it goes on and post up the letters I've sent and any replies if necessary.

Good luck.

I'm sure some know this already, but I have written to National Hunter to get some more info on their shenanigans.

I'm surprised they answered so fully, frankly and quickly to be honest.

I actually posted my letter on 10/06/2013 and received the reply, dated 12/06/2013 today.

Their letter is as follows

Dear Mr xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 10th June 2013.

Please see below for the answers to the questions you raised:

How long are National Hunter Database entries kept?

Clear Status data remains on our system for 180 days

Inconsistency status data can be retained for 3 years

Refer status data can be retained for 6 years

Why aren't all of my applications included? Why only some?

This may be down to the organisation to whom you have applied to for credit. in that they miay not be a member of National Hunter, or if they are, they might not put certain types of applications for credit through to National Hunter.

It could also be that the data had a clear status, which is over 180 days old and so is no longer present.

Does the status 'clear' have any negative impact whatsoever?

The existence of a clear status data on the National Hunter system is not a cause for concern. Application data is run through the system to see if it matches against previous application data, which is then looked at more thoroughly if it does and discrepancies exist.

I trust I have answered the general questions about National Hunter but would add that if you have specific questions about the data then you are advised to contact the financial institution concerned directly.

Yours sincerely

N HUNTER LTD

I still have other questions though! I'm going to send these off to Hunter again but I wondered f anyone else knew.

If there are several 'clear' applications and one or two 'inconsistency' applications, what implication if any do the 'inconsistency' or even 'refer' applications have on future 'clear' applications?

Inconsistency entries will lead to deeper scrutiny of future applications.

Refer = refer to potential creditor and other agencies I believe.

Have had a response, will post up shortly. Surprisingly frank but not sure if I believe them!

Will watch with interest!!

So, this is the question I asked National Hunter:

N Hunter Ltd

PO Box 2756

Stoke OnTrent

ST6 9AQ

17/06/2013

RE: Your letter dated12/06/2013

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your letter dated 12/06/2013. I found it mosthelpful.

What are the implications of an ‘inconsistency’ or ‘refer’status entry on a new application? I.E. Would a National Hunter member receivea notification that an applicant had previous ‘inconsistency’ or ‘refer’applications on file?

YoursFaithfully

And their reponse:

Dear MrXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated 17th June 2013

For your information, 'inconsistency' status data can remain on our system for 3 years and 'refer' status data can remain for 6 years. Any new applications submitted to an organisation that uses National Hunter may match against these existing applications, which would be a reason for the organisation to investigate or look at the data provided by you in more detail.

The presence of an 'inconsistency' or 'refer' status is not reason enough for an automatic decline decision but an indication that the data needs further investigation.

Yours sincerely

Excellent!! a good explanation very straight forward imo.

I think they are correct no prospective lender would decline an application on that basis, it is just a 'suggestion' that the potential creditor should check the data on the app.

I have era reliable source in a senior position with an international bank (one with an unblemished reputation so far) they inform me that the protocols adopted by lenders which are members of NH are clearly laid down and the data provided by NH eg 'refer' in not in any way used to make a decision however if major discrepancies are found between applications are found this will be considered, the usual procedure is to ask the applicant to clarify.

The example he has given me is logical I think: Applicant completes credit card app, question on app 'what other credit cards do you hold?' applicant omits 1 card that has obviously been subject to an app of its own, so the ''missing'' card flags up a 'refer' it may be an oversight or it may not the lender will want clarification, nothing more sinister than that.