Shop Direct Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

working days

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I just ask;

What are the chances of Shop Direct involving bailiffs?

I'm scared to death that I'll lose everything because Shop Direct refuse to help

lest I fork out hundreds of pounds per month in their totally unreasonable payment plans.

Can I just ask; What are the chances of Shop Direct involving bailiffs? I'm scared to death that I'll lose everything because Shop Direct refuse to help lest I fork out hundreds of pounds per month in their totally unreasonable payment plans.

Absolutely ZERO. Bailiffs can only ever be sent by a court, and for catalogue debts... a) they rarely ever go to court because it will show up their unlawful charges, and b) courts wont use bailiffs unless you categorically state you will not pay the debt. Even if you offer £1 a month, the court will never get bailiffs involved.

You need to stop worrying and remember this. Shop direct exist on threats and intimidation. Mainly because they cant do ANYTHING else. At all. Repayments are also ALWAYS made by YOUR financial circumstances. Not a random number they decide to pull out of thin air.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

That's reassuring. However, I was lay in bed last night and I was thinking that it'd never be paid off at the current rate of £10 per month but that's all I can afford. I just feel like I'd never be able to do anything because of it.

Look at it as a temporary measure. Soon as your circumstances change, then you can pay more.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hello again,

I've just checked my credit report on Noddle and it shows my Shop Direct accounts as being up to date.

I'm a bit confused about this.

How is that possible?

The Shop Direct accounts are showing as last updated on 1st May 2013.

The only things that are showing as late are my credit cards but I've come to an arrangement with them and no defaults are showing despite getting a letter that says I'm in default.

Any clues would be helpful. Thanks.

Quick edit: I've just looked at my closed accounts and one of the Shop Direct ones are on there. I'm totally confuzzled!

Edited by The_Sherinator

Hello,

I have received the CCA's from Shop Direct in what must've been record time! The tickbox is 'ticked' on each one, so I suppose it's all above board. The address on it is my old one, so does this make any difference? I suppose it doesn't.

At the same time, I've received another letter from NDR stating that they're unable to accept my offer of payment, which is in reponse to my second letter saying that I will be paying them £10 per account and if they fail to accept then I'll drop it to £1. So, is it time to drop it to £1 now?

on that account yes.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you've had cca's for all three?

dx

and they

Yes, I've had the CCA's for all three and a letter stating that they are unable to accept my second offer, which was the same as my first offer, of £10 per account.

I have paid my offer of £30 this month already, so now should I drop it to £3 per month?

up to you

if you wish to write and tell them that as they are refusing to freeze int & stop penalty charges

your £10PCM on each account is worthless.

until/unless they freeze int & penalty charges

you will now only pay £1PCM on each.

dx

and they

up to you

if you wish to write and tell them that as they are refusing to freeze int & stop penalty charges

your £10PCM on each account is worthless.

until/unless they freeze int & penalty charges

you will now only pay £1PCM on each.

dx

Exactly what I am doing, as pointed out the same.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

that sar should have been sent a month ago

dx

and they

one

dx

and they

One £10 but make sure you ask for all details held by them about you. I am not sure but I do know there are different types of SAR requests, some give you the basics, othere will keep you in loo roll for years

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi I have just come across your post and im in a similar situation. .letters sent with offers and refused at my wits end with it all. .just sent a cca request today but not holding up much hope. .

How have you got on since you sent the sar?

Hi,

I haven't had anything back regarding the SAR yet. However, this morning I have received a letter dated the 8th July from the Customer Excellence department. It says:

Thank you for your letter of 03 July 2013 regarding your complaint in relation to your account. Please accept out apologies that you have found it necessary to complain.

In the interests of our customers, all complaints are taken very seriously and we will contact you once a full investigation has been made.

In the meantime, if you would like to discuss your complaint further, please do not hesitate to call us on 0844 822 4616.

Please find details of out Financial Services Complaints Procedure on the reverse of this letter.

Yours Sincerely,

Customer Excellence

Now, the letters I've sent to Shop Direct are dated 3rd June, 22nd June and 27th June. Could it mean that they've just read my letter from the 3rd or 22nd June only a few days ago? I'm confused because I've had letters from NDR (Shop Direct's in-house debt recovery) responding to these letters and refusing my offers of repayment.

Needless to say, I'm totally confused. I've not had any letters from NDR since my CCA request. Has the Customer Excellence department looked upon my letters as complaints and do I now have a breathing period of at least 8 weeks whilst this 'complaint' is resolved?

you should still pay 'something'

as post 66

dx

and they