Shop Direct Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why sweat

its a cat debt very low priority.

just ignore them for now

got that SAr back yet?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No SAR yet. However, I would like to tell you about a small victory.

Shop Direct have accepted my offer of £1 per month every 28 days. However, it is only for 3 months. After that, according to them, "Your account will revert back to normal procedure which can have a further negative impact on your credit file."

Thoughts on that?

• 2 months later...

sar time

yes they can review it

and no you don't have to change it.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is perfectly normal practise to review a payment arrangement at regular intervals although 3 months is quite a short space of time. Have they agreed to stop interest and charges?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

If they trick the majority of people, they make massive profits. Remember, very few people know their rights and how to deal with companies like this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

now get that sar going while you've breathing space.

dx

and they

now get that sar going while you've breathing space.

dx

Hope you get a better response to the SAR than I got.

I have SAR'ed different banks , cca's , even housing associations for myself and others and ISME/shop direct have supplied very little quantity and poor quality.

They are by far the worst!

If it were me I would contact them again just before the 3 months are up , state your position is unchanged and ask for a continuation. If however your position has improved maybe offer a tad more ...and i do mean a tad not silly money

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

• 2 weeks later...

How about if I offer them £10 per account per month (£30)?

Which is what I have offered them previously and they accepted on their term of 6 months

before I got a letter stating that they accept my offer of £1 per month on their term of 3 months.

An odd one really.

if they've accepted £1 then cut your losses and use the extra elsewhere for now

it'll give you breathing space to get the SAR done and returned

I've a feeling that sar will be interesting.

dx

and they

Yes but as this was the 3rd of the 3 months to which they are taking a payment of £1 per account per month, their letter from a few months back stated that they would resume normal collection proceedings. This is why I was asking if £10 per account per month was acceptable.

If your finances dont allow higher payments, then they would be very stupid and any collection activity would be futile. IMO, its just another scare tactic.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They probably know the debt is made of bogus charges/interest etc etc. SO they know if they pressure you for more, you can start complaints. Keep up with your repayments for now. Lets see what happens after Christmas.

Could be. For now, its a weight off your mind. Have a good christmas and worry about the muppets afterwards.

I need help and fast. I've just received a letter Shop Direct regarding one of the accounts I've got the payment plan for and it states:

We refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with us. The Payment Clause of the agreement provides that you must make the required periodic payment in full by its due date. You are in breach of that clause because you have failed to make all your periodic payments in full when due. To remedy the breach, you must pay £593.97 before 23-DEC-2013.

Are they saying that I haven't been keeping up with the payment arrangement? Because I certainly have and I have proof! Further down the letter, it states that if I'm having difficultly paying then I should apply to the court. What for!?

Also, 'If you are not sure what to do, you should contact a solicitor.'

Please help me.

Thats just the proper wording for a default notice. However, if your payments are up to date, i would send them a strongly worded letter demanding they explain themselves.

So you have no arrears at all? Because they seem to think you have arrears owing.

Yes, I fell behind because I lost my job and entered into a payment plan, which I have kept up with and now they've sent me this. The other two accounts I have payment plans for sent me the standard summary letter after I made the payment. However, this one account sent me this default notice saying I haven't kept up with the arrangement!