Resolve Call are chasing a debt to Great Universal Catalogue that is from 2001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I had a man at my door chasing a debt, the date of birth he had was incorrect, so because of that he gave me a number to call and after a call to them I found that all the other details were correct such as email address etc. The year was incorrect on the debt.

Apparently I owe Great Universal Catalogue over £300 which I think is rediculous considering they no longer exist. ResolveCall had the debt passed to them by someone else but they wouldn't say who.

Is it right they are chasing me for this debt that I have no knowledge about after 21 years?! I dont even live in the same city. I cannot for the life of me think why I would've used GUS back in 2001 at 19 years old.

Ignore them, long statute barred and unenforceable. Ignore their calls, agents or anybody, there is zero they can do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

And if you ever get some random bod turn up at your door again asking for money, tell them to foxtrot oscar whilst filming them on your phone, or you'll call the old bill 101.

Nothing short of 1970's intimidation tactics, how extremely puerile.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I had a Resolvecall bod turn up , it was laughable.  Chasing a debt that went statute barred in 2020.  I told them how old the debt was and she seemed really embarassed, and apologised and said I'd be taken off the list

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread