Kwik Fit customer. Work carried out that didn't need doing

dazandshel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help and what my rights are.

I took my car for new tyres and tracking doing at kwik fit (Zafira 2.0 DTI). When they inspected the vehicle, they came into the waiting area and told me that the track rod ends needed doing x4 (front inner and outer?), stabilizer links x2, and 2 arms (not quite sure) also needed doing.

I asked for a price and they quoted me £508. I said if it needs doing then it should be replaced. TBH, I didn't know what any of these were (apart from tyres and tracking). I spoke to a friend and he said ask for the parts that supposedly needed doing and let me have a look at them.

When I showed him the parts that had been replaced, he said only 1 stabilizer link needed doing as their is nothing wrong with anything else that had been replaced.

He advised me to get a professional opinion from Vauxhall just to confrim that they should not have been replaced the good parts.

Vauxhall confirmed my worst fears and said that these parts should not have been replaced as they look only 12 months old.

So they have charged me for work of over £300, that didn't need doing.

What can I do about this please?

I'll be ringing Kwik Fit head office in the morning and also letting them know that I will be contacting trading standards.

Any advice would be helpful

Edited by citizenB

Get it on paper from Vauxhall, it will make life a lot easier should KF decide to be funny. It really is about time this outfit was taken to task in law.

Maybe a line to BBC Watchdog, if they have other complaints there, they will investigate.

Edited by citizenB

Hi,

We're concerned to read your post and would like to look into this for you. Are you able to drop us an e-mail with your vehicle registration number to Customer DOT Service AT Kwik-Fit DOT Com

Kind regards,

Kwik Fit Customer Service

I am unable to send messages until my post count is 30. So i'll reply here.

Hi, my Registration number is (Edit) It's a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 DTI. It was supposedly repaired (replaced good parts for new parts for no reason) at your Birstall store.

I am going back to Vauxhall to get it written on paper that these parts in their opinion shouldn't have been replaced.

Kwik Fit have taken £263.50 from me for work that didn't need to be carried out.

What is it that you'll be able to do about it by having my reg number?

Kind regards

Darren

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed reg number

• 1 month later...

My daughter has a very similar problem with being mislead by Kwikfit, went in for front pads and they told her all pads and disc needed replacing. Paid £640.

Had the disks checked and the rear ones were less than half worn, no scoring or other damage.

I also had problems with Kwikfit over a tyre with a small tack in the centre of the tread, they told me I needed TWO new tyres (both had only done a few thousand miles) Drove to National tyres; they checked and repaired a simple puncture.

Kwikfit managers are on very good bonuses based on turnover, so guess what?

They will get customers through the door with a cheap estimate then add lots of unnecessary work.

DO NOT complain to Kwikfit – they will just refund your money and fleece the next customer through the door.

Call Trading Standards on 08454 04 05 06

I have reported them to BBC Watchdog - why not do the same, it's very easy.

They must take many thousands of pounds from unsuspecting customers every week – they need to be stopped.

Just got a quote from the BMW main dealer which included resetting the warning message AND replacing the sensor £515.52 which is £125 LESS than Quikfit for more work and parts!!

Edited by alanjackson222
Removed unsuitable comments

I am unable to send messages until my post count is 30. So i'll reply here.

Darren, did you ever e-mail them and get this resolved ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Customer dot Service at Kwik-Fit dot Com

Darren, when you were asked to "email" the above.. all you need do was to change the highlighted sections to the correct email symbols.. eg . @ .

Emailing someone is not private messaging :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D