British Gas and AIC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I am currently in debt with BG and have just received a letter from AIC demanding payment out of the blue.

I was on a payment plan with BG but could not afford what they wanted each week as I am on a veterans disability pension of £225 per month and that is my only income.

The only benefit I receive is housing and council tax.

Initially it was okay as they were resonable but what they started to ask for was more than 50 quid a week which I could not afford.

I called them several times and said I would pay them £10 per week ( which is pushing it for me from a financial view)

which I have done faithfully for the past couple of months.

The last letter from them said they would attempt a warrant if I did not pay in full.

I of course called BG when I received this on April 30th.

I cannot and refused to have a pre payment meter installed as BG suggested as my landlord would not allow it

and it would of course result in me being evicted (like he did to the previous tenants).

I explained all this to the BG rep along with my total income and he understood and said to keep paying my tenner a week

but that I would still receive letters from BG anyways.

Nothing was ever said about these AIC people who I understand are not the nicest bunch and BG never informed me they had done this.

I have also applied to the BG trust fund for help and I informed the BG rep of this as well.

Being a vet I contacted the legion for help and some one was supposed to contact me but never got a response.

So what can I do to sort this out?

I am getting tired of trying to explain my situation to BG all the time

only to have it fall on deaf ears and from what I have read on here about AIC I would not speak to them at all.

hi morning

I would not worry about AIC

they are a dca they have no legal powers to do anything to you.

BG trust is worth while

there are also other forces networks

let me pull a string and i'll get someone to pop along.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx100 has asked me to see if I can assist you here!

I am very surprised and disappointed that the RBL have not responded to you request for help, did you contact your local branch or national HQ?

I would suggest writing to your local branch, SAAFA may also be able to help you here.

Do you belong to any Regimental associations or similar organisations?

I can draft a letter for you explaining your problems to AIC/BG if you wish.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks dx and hi Brigadier.

To answer your question

I contacted both national and local.

Called the national HQ first and they referred me to local.

Local called me and they said someone would contact me to come over for a home visit but never heard back at all.

That was over two months ago as I knew back then I would need help with this debt.

I dont belong to any associations or the like.

Oddly enough Saafa directed me to the RBL!

I would really appreciate a letter!

However I dont mind sending one to british gas...its AIC I do not want to to even speak to based on their reputation.

Couple that with british gas not even contacting me about doing this and not listening to me the past 4 times I have spoken to them about my debt I not a happy camper.

Ok I will put a letter together for you later today.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi gixser sorry for the delay bee playing catchup with some many threads! will review and write now, the vulnerability case is certainly a help.

Ok This goes to the Vulnerability Unit at British Gas,

Ref: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxx

Currently with AIC

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to the above mentioned account which without reference to me has been passed to AIC an organisation of doubtful reputation for its dealings with those in difficulties.

I have tried to explain my position as military veteran on an extremely restricted income to the extent of being classed as vulnerable , many attempts have been made to get help with my situation from institutions such as the Royal British Legion I have also applied to the BG Trust but no response has been received from either organisation.

My situation is clear Low income, no help or understanding of my predicament from any quarter, recently I made an offer of payment of £10 per week which will leave me in hardship but I was willing to pay my debt.

I receive only Housing and council tax benefit and my only income is derived from xxxxxxxxxxxx, clearly I cannot pay any more than offered.

It has been suggested that I should contact the nation press regarding my situation but so far I have tried to sort this out myself.

I would appreciate BG reviewing this matter as a matter of urgency and will compassion.

Send to BGs Head Office Address.

Thanks Brigadier! Really appreciate this! Do I actually sign the letter as in my real signature or just type my name?

Normal signature is fine!!

Okay will do. Just one last question before I print this off for post tomorrow. Should I mention in the letter what i said in my original post? In that I have tried their payment plans but could not afford it and that a pre payment meter equals eviction? That coupled with i have always paid the tenner at minimum every week without fail as i told them I would

Okay will do. Just one last question before I print this off for post tomorrow. Should I mention in the letter what i said in my original post? In that I have tried their payment plans but could not afford it and that a pre payment meter equals eviction? That coupled with i have always paid the tenner at minimum every week without fail as i told them I would

Yes very good idea!

Okay all done and ready for the post in the morning..recorded of course. Thanks Brig! Will update once I get a reply.

Well done gixser!!:-)

• 2 weeks later...

Update for you Brig.

Heard nothing yet from BG.

I know they have got the letter on the 22nd as it was signed for but

got a letter today (30th) in the post dated the 21st of May from AIC saying that their client (BG) is considering further action

which they say is a doorstep visit by BG or a warrant to replace my meters or disconnect my supply.

The letter also states that it is a final letter and "no further warning or intimation will be given".

Its only the second letter I have received from AIC although they have been trying to call me on both my my mobile and home phone

( given to them by BG) but I do not answer and they do not leave a message.

I was thinking of emailing the BG or Centrica CEO direct but cannot find the email address for him on here.

I know I have seen it on here but brain not engaged fully for the past few days.

What you think?

that's just a std pc generated letter

i'd await the repy to brigs letter.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just got a reply today. Just an acknowledgement letter though. Saying they have received my complaint and will get back to me within 7 days. Its a very generic computer generated letter and not specific to me except for my name and account number and address. Guess I gonna have to see what the week will bring!

Hi gixser1001

Thank you for the update and it will still be a case of waiting to see what there reply is.

On the forces welfare side have a look at this link as it has a PDF with a comprehensive list of welfare links: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383984-Armed-Forces-Welfare-Links

Now is it an Army pension you get or a war pension?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

please upload the letter using this method:

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

try www.pdfescape.com TO BLANK STUFF,

or

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice dd-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they