Benson For Beds, advise please

ghareeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help and advise please?

I have ordered a Bed from Bensons for beds ,

This has arrived on the 15/04/2013, with a little help of a friend we have unpacked it and started assembling the bed frame, head and foot end that’s when I realised how big it was? it took the the whole space of the bedroom 200 long x 240 wide

When ordering the sales staff had told me it was 180cm x 200cm wide, but when I measured it, from head end to foot end it was 200cm x 240cm? I checked the order/invoice it was 180cm wide' so called the store and after much discussion, they have referred me the customer service team at Bensons for beds, they say there is nothing they can do as the sizes are as described and advised to contact the consumer direct.

I have wrote a letter to Bensons for Beds and they have called me and offered a re-selection but the catch is that I have to pay 30% fees for re-selection of another bed + delivery charges

They said if i SELECT A CHEAPER BED i WILL GET NO REFUND, but yet I have to pay more that £250 for selecting another which is smaller than the one they have delivered.

your advise is much appreciated

Thanks

SOGA. You have a right to reject it in a certain timeframe. Especially when the item is NOT as described.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks.

I writing a letter rejecting the offer of paying 30% for re-selecting another bed.

Is there a template that I could use in this forum.

Thanks again for your reply

No template. Have a read up on the sale of goods act.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D