style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been trying to return a fridge to Currys that I bought online and was delivered 3 days ago.

Having called their 0844 561 1234 phoneline and got a no since the fridge has been plugged in it is classed as used, i disagreed as plugged in means plugged in, putting food inside the fridge means used. Anyway this conversation went on between the terms of retuning a product to Currys focusing on the definition of installed and used and plugged in. Since 99% of the items sold by Currys are electrical then they by their own terms and conditions have no returns, since all goods need to be plugged in.

I got a supervisor to call be back and even he would not assist me, I asked him to contact his manager, but he told me they would give me the same answer, no refund.

If someone can please point me in the right direction on sorting my problem.

We bought a fridge online from Currys and it was delivered Wednesday. Having left it overnight as per the delivery drivers instructions we then plugged in the fridge. Straight away was making a loader than normal noise for a small fridge, I checked the websites and decided to wait another day to see if the fridge got more quieter, it did not.

After speaking to customer service at Currys I no longer want the fridge and want a refund as stated on their website.

SOGA. You also have a legal right to cancel within a specified period. You will get a repair or replacement first. They normally keep the refund as the last option.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Distance selling regulations. Should be done in writing (unless they say a phone call is ok), reject the goods. You do not have to give a reason.

Check the website to see if it says they will not refund the return delivery charge, the rest must be refunded within 30 days max. If they don't say they won't refund the return cost, then they must pay for that as well by arranging collection.

hi, you mentioned something which could support your claim.

you are asking currys to return because its loud- that is not a distant selling regulation or a 'change of mind issue'

that is a fault issue, therefore if you report this as a fault within 21 days, you can get refund.

can you advise what make it is.

21 days? Soga gives you six YEARS.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

The op has up to 6 years. The op could simply walk in to the shop or call them and tell them under soga they want a replacent or refund.

really? so what about the whole idea of -after 6 months its up to consumer to prove its inherent fault.

can you show me few success stories of customers getting a replacement fridge that is nearly 6 years old without paying a extra penny :madgrin:

You will only get a replacement of the same value that the item is worth today. So today, you could buy one worth £1000. In 4 years it breaks down. You claim soga, but it is now only worth £150, so thats all you would get. Providing that the item cannot be replaced or repaired.