style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(this doesnt exactly fit in this section but i cant find a relevant section)

Hi all, i am in the process of sending off for my SIA door supervisor licence, i have filled it all in but there is a section about previous names (this is where it gets confusing)

in 2003 i changed my name by deedpole as a bet (it was a stupid name) i was only at college and didnt register it with them, the only people that knew my new name was my part time employer and my bank, i had no direct debits etc as i was only 18 and living at home.

Should i include this on the application? as there may be no record of this previous name if they search for it as i couldnt drive and didnt update my passport etc so didnt have a drivers licence with the name on, as soon as i started applying for full time jobs i reverted back to my birth name.

Im just worried it may delay the application if i include it or even flag it and make them refuse my application.

Thanks

My partner changed his name a long time ago, but cz it was done by deedpole SIA wanted to know about it, just send prove of name and new name they won't be bothered.

It will make the process easier and quicker to be honest as if refused you don't get refunded

When I got married I used a deedpoll service to make a name change official. I had been using an alias for many many years but for the purposes of making the link between me and my birth certificate I used a online deed poll service.

The marriage registrar said to me that these online services don't actually mean anything and are not worth the paper they are written on. To do it properly involves the court system and all sorts of legal stuff.

My point is, your 'name change' if done by one of these £50 internet services are probably no more legally binding than you walking down the street one night drunk shouting 'I am the walrus kookookachoo'. Therefore there would be no real reason, assuming you dropped the name shortly after the joke, to even bother mentioning it.

Of coarse if you have lived a chunk of your life under the joke name obtaining credit, being on the electrol roll etc then I would mention it.