Nationwide - A bit stuck!

Tob79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've read as many posts as I could to try and answer my queries but couldn't see the answers, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating anyones elses questions.

I've had many charges from Nationwide on my Flexaccount over the years so thought I'd try and get some of them back. I sent off the DPA letter on 14th March, and got a reply almost straight away, which seems to be a standard letter many others have had, telling me they'd requested duplicate copies of my statements. I then recieved a huge binder of my statements with another letter, which also seems to be standard, telling me the many ways in which manual intervention could have been applied to my account, but not telling me anything specific? I read someone elses tread about this and from what I understand I don't think I have to do anything more about this, is that correct?

I'm now going through my statements finding all the charges that have been taken. My main question is I have 'unauthorised overdraft fee's' and 'unpaid reg transfer fee's' showing on my statements, I assume these are also allowed to be added onto the amount of other charges I've had? Sorry if thats a silly question but I don't want to do this wrong and run the risk of not getting my money back.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Tob79

I have been wondering the same thing with regard to fees and I am not sure that these can be claimed back. A question in the FAQs was asked as to whether the fees which banks charge for the overdraft facility (which might be £5, £10 or more per month) could be reclaimed. The answer to this was, no these fees are perfectly legitimate and cannot be reclaimed.

Therefore I assumed from this that a fee for an unauthorised overdraft could not be requested for refund.

And am I right in thinking the same applies to the interest charges that are applied to the unauthorised borrowing in that these are also legitimate charges and cannot be reclaimed?

Would really appreciate if someone could shed any light as I want to submit a claim and it is these items that are holding me back.

some people agree to pay a fee to the bank for various services these fees are lawful .. unauthorised over draft / unpaid fees are penalties and can be claimed back.If you start to look at each fee you will start to realise yourself by the name .

Andrea please start your own thread and your questions will be answered as to answer yours here would be hijacking this thread. This reply is not to be awkward but to try and keep the forum running smoothly and each thread is about one persons claim.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I sent my Preliminary Approach letter, after working out all the money I was owed, but received no reply. So then sent my LBA to which I got what seems like the usual reply, saying they couldn't refund my charges blah blah blah.

Yesterday I filled in a claim form on the moneyclaim website to recover £1048.20 of charges, including interest and court costs.

Fingers crossed!

And good luck to everyone else in the same boat.

Good luck, you're om the road

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

Thanks for your posts everyone.

Shorsted, excellent news, congratulations, and it seems I have followed suit! I received 2 amounts into my account yesterday. The 1st was for £790.84 and was a 'refund of interest charge', the 2nd was for £219.04 and was a 'cash credit'. This means they're £38.32 short of the amount I put on my moneyclaim form. I think I will email Charles Bacon about this missing money!? I know a few people have had this happen to them, and have had a result from emailing him.

I think I'm right in saying I shouldn't advise the court of the money being received until I have every penny?

Funny you should say that I've just checked and my payment was also a bit short too £88.56

Perhaps I should also get in touch with Mr Bacon, if they're paying then they should be paying it all!

Congratulations anyway!!:D

They didn't close my account or reduce my overdraft but I did read someones case on here where they had reduced their overdraft saying that they had been misusing it by going over their limit alot.

Actually I've just looked at my account today and since my refund some automatic charges were added to my account for a returned DD and Cheque Card Misuse and they've both been credited back without me even asking!!

:-x I wrote to the Nationwide on the 19th May claiming back charges on my accounts. Total approx £2000. They hae wrote and told me that as I had signed when opening an account with them I had accepted their terms. Can any one give me any advice what to do now.

Thanks

:-x I wrote to the Nationwide on the 19th May claiming back charges on my accounts. Total approx £2000. They hae wrote and told me that as I had signed when opening an account with them I had accepted their terms. Can any one give me any advice what to do now.

Thanks

Please read the FAQs. There is a step-by-step guide explaining what to do.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

honey28 - No they haven't closed my account, or reduced my overdraft, yet! But I'm going to open another bank account elsewhere just incase. Good luck with your claim if you go ahead.

shorsted - Have you got your £88.56 back yet? I've had no reply and no refund of my £38.32, since the email I sent Charles Bacon last Thursday. Just wondering if I should send another email, or maybe even a letter!

I'll be getting a returned DD charge soon too, wonder if I'll get it straight back as well!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks