MIght as Well Start a War

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I don't know about everyone else but I have never used a MAC simply due to the price when I started using my PC (my pc was subsidised by work then) now just an old dog and don't want to learn new tricks.

By the way when I got my first computer it was a 286 and retail price was about £1000

dpick

Have used a Mac but still prefer PC.

Recently build my own PC, Specs as:

Good Tower Case

AMD X6 3.30GHZ

8GB Ram

2TB H/D

1x BD Writer/ 1 x DVD Writer

Radeon 6870

ocz psu

Only spent £400 in total, Some parts were brought over from last system.

Brilliant system, runs 3 x 1080p monitors no problem, gaming is good too across 3 monitors.

For the price of parts now you can build a dual core / triple core system for less than £250.00

George

Have used a Mac but still prefer PC.

Recently build my own PC, Specs as:

Good Tower Case

AMD X6 3.30GHZ

8GB Ram

2TB H/D

1x BD Writer/ 1 x DVD Writer

Radeon 6870

ocz psu

Only spent £400 in total, Some parts were brought over from last system.

Brilliant system, runs 3 x 1080p monitors no problem, gaming is good too across 3 monitors.

For the price of parts now you can build a dual core / triple core system for less than £250.00

George

I gotta admit! AMD are nice! It would be awesome if AMD got involved with Apple! The last pro system I built was an older x2 spec, but still, one of the ones I loved :) Only thing I didnt like was fiddling around inside it all the time :(

have also a built amd cpu system, not top spec though, but good for general use with odd gaming, £200. essential software free (eg openoffice, antivirus, o/s, etc). would like to try a mac, but too expensive. why a 'war'? :)

IMO

:-):rant:

As I said I haven't always been a mac user :) I've still got the guts of my Core-i7 PC kicking about in the cupboard. I guess I might turn that into a HTPC / Gaming rig and bung it in the TV cabinet. What's annoying is that Sky PLayer no longer works witj Windows Media Edition :-/ It would have been nice if I could ditch my dvd player, sky box and just have the one, but ah well, can't have it all :D