Unused holiday pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to unused holiday pay.

I was recently employed by a well know national recruitment agency to work for another company on a 6 month full-time contract.

I believe that this entitles me to 14 statutory days pay.

I took 6 days holiday half-way through my employment and received holiday pay covering this, which left 8 days holiday not taken before the contract finished.

Can anyone tell me where I stand, am I by law entitled to receive this unused holiday pay.

I emailed the recruitment agency yesterday saying that I had not been paid my unused holiday pay, and this was their reply:

"Sorry I was unaware you had any holiday left to take, unfortunately holiday has been wiped due to the new holiday year."

Can they do this?

Company name not mentioned in this forum, as I am not sure I am allowed.

Hello and Welcome,

I've moved this thread to the appropriate Forum, you should get some advice shortly.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to unused holiday pay.

I was recently employed by a well know national recruitment agency to work for another company on a 6 month full-time contract.

I believe that this entitles me to 14 statutory days pay.

I took 6 days holiday half-way through my employment and received holiday pay covering this, which left 8 days holiday not taken before the contract finished.

Can anyone tell me where I stand, am I by law entitled to receive this unused holiday pay.

I emailed the recruitment agency yesterday saying that I had not been paid my unused holiday pay, and this was their reply:

"Sorry I was unaware you had any holiday left to take, unfortunately holiday has been wiped due to the new holiday year."

Can they do this?

Company name not mentioned in this forum, as I am not sure I am allowed.

Hello there. My view would be to keep names out of this, we don't need them in order to advise you. This doesn't sound very fair to me, but I can't claim to be expert on holiday stuff. Other people here will know though.

Do you have anything in writing about holiday arrangements and what the position is regarding public holidays please?

The guys should be along later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Did you have a written contract, statement of particulars or any other document covering holidays?

If so, did it state when the holiday year runs from/to? e.g. April-March

On what date did your employment end?

By that I mean; what was the last date of your notice period whether or not you worked it.

Hi, I just spoke to another employee who like me was employed to do the same job covering the same 6 month contract.

She telephoned the agency last week asking the same question (when could she expect to receive her unused holiday pay), since then she has had the money paid into her bank account.

So it looks like i am entitled to this money, just looks like the company are trying to pull a fast one!

I have emailed them again (mentioning this colleague payment) and am awaiting a reply.

Not happy to think that such a well known company would try this sort of thing.

I will let you know what happens...

Thanks to all who have commented, and are yet to comment.

I must have the employment terms & conditions somewhere, just need to find them (never throw anything away, just filed really well lol)

The working time regulations lays down what your annual paid entitlement is but not on how it is allocated. i would simply ask them again for the paid time off or payment in lieu of holiday as you were prevented from taking your full entitlement. the contract should say how thes is calculated so if it doesnt your employment agancy has little grounds to refuse.

How do you no now he was prevented versus just didn't ask? That's an important point....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

his circumstance? employers circumstance? makes a difference.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!